Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Les Miserables themed makeup!

My husband and I went to see the Broadway 25th anniversary production of Les Miserables yesterday.  We waited to get tickets and crazy enough, could only get balcony seats- even with how diligent we were to keep trying to order them.  It sold like mad here- which is great!  One thing I love about Utah is that there is such support for the arts.  I loosely did a red/white/blue makeup theme (without looking overdone and hokey) for the play.  I meant to grab Meow's Fate for my eyes and ended up with Spell...which was lovely but more of a teal than a vivid blue.  Ces la vie, right?


We listened to the soundtrack on the way there and I was really excited to check out the play.  I hadn't seen it live before, so I knew I was in for a real treat.  I love musicals and plays and this is totally up my alley.


Full face look, in the car on the way to the theatre.  I kept trying to take photos from the window angle, but my husband kept making goofy faces from the driver's seat.  I'm going to gripe and say how upset I get at most of my photos.  I'm so unhappy with my size and I feel like I always look so large.  My face has small features and to me, they look lost in the expanse of my cheeks.  Lordeh but I need to stick with the treadmill and NO MORE cookies!


Here's me after taking a bunch of photos and realizing none of the shots were really going to show the look.  I had a nice white sparkle and peach lids and the dreamy teal in the outer V and red lips.  It's all not showing up- bah.


Jeff and I waiting for the show to start.  He looks like a game show host.  LOL look at me holding the programmes- DORKS!


The theatre and opening backdrop- I was told the paintings by Victor Hugo were part of the imaging and they really set a moody tone for the show.


The theatre in Salt Lake was built at the turn of the 20th century and was very opulent.  Big sparkly chandeliers and lots of gold leaf.  The oval in the ceiling was rimmed with grecian looking faces and lots of scrolls and molding.


Jenny Latimer, who played Cosette, and I at the restaurant after the show.  My husband performed with her a few years ago in a musical and we got to visit for a little bit.  Oh man....look at how small my face is.  I look like I have a shrunken head!  Why can't that apply to the rest of me!?  She was darling though and such a lovely smile!


Overall we had a great time and I loved the play.  It was wonderful to see it performed live and the orchestra was so vibrant and rich sounding.  I loved the boom of the voices and the wonder of seeing a stage look like Paris in the moonlight.  Brought back my memories of France.  I miss it there so much.  Oh man....here comes my husband lurking around while I type and he's going to start laughing at me for typing up all this stuff, so I'm going to cut it short LOL!  Had a great time and if you've seen Les Mis- would love to hear your thoughts!
Photobucket


6 comments:

The Peach said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! You crack me up over thinking you have a small head! I think it looks fine!

VijiiS said...

OMG, I ADORE Le Miz! So glad you liked it, too. =D

a girl named Sam said...

Squee! That sounds so lovely. I absolutely adore Victor Hugo's works, and that book is at the top of my to- read list.

mNg said...

You look pretty and I'm glad that you guys had a great time :D

Cydonian said...

You're so lucky to have gone, and I hope you had a lovely time! Your makeup looked beautiful.

Baroque In Babylon said...

@Peach haha well dang it, I just wish I had bigger features- like Jenny- huge gorgeous smile, mine's like a little crack in my face. Boo.

@VijiiS Hooray a Les Mis fan too! It was awesome. I've loved the music but this was the 25th ann. with new sets and it was so cool.

@agirlnamedSam Oh it's a doozy of a book, really long, but it's got some great lessons in it and I love old literature.

@mNg Thank you! It was super fun. A treat for my husband and I. We're so busy with kids and life that this was a total blast. It was actually his idea- he's so good about things like this.

@Cydonian Thank you! We totally creeped the website when it was avail. for tickets and it was a madhouse- sold out so fast. I am so grateful we got in.