Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Glowing Skin FOTD using Cinema Secrets foundation

Today our youngest is having a Raingutter Regata race.  I drew Link from the Legend of Zelda on the sail.  I'll post some photos of the little boat.  The oldest has a soccer photo session and a game.  The middler-littler is home with me :)  We don't get much mama/girl time so it will be a treat.  She's good company.  I'm also so happy it's been sunny here for 3 days running.  I think I get gloomy if the weather is grey.  I think I'm solar powered, to quote my friend Amy.  Alright- makeup!  Glowing skin- everyone wants it and I think it's a tricky bit to accomplish, unless you have products that have that sort of finish.  Here's my take on glowing skin, very wearable everyday makeup and gleaming berry pink lips.  Hope it's something you'd use or like on yourself.

The foundation I'm using is very common among makeup artists in LA that do big productions and I love it on camera, especially with cameras like the RED because it's so HD.  I buy mine at http://www.camerareadycosmetics.com/ and a 5 shade palette retails for around $22.00.  I use a very, very small amount and wet blend and powder to set.  I think it's a very reliable, smooth foundation and I wish it had a bigger following instead of being a film workhorse.  I guess it's not as cool as MUFE . :)






I swear above is unretouched, it's flash, by a window.  CS foundation is great for this sort of finish, but wears a little heavy (you can feel it on your skin a bit) and needs a good pre and set with primer and powder if you have anything above dry skin.





Here's what I used:

Face:
Primer, none but I use Neutrogena Face Shield moisturizer with SPF 70
Cinema Secrets foundation from Kit #7, shade 501-11 (their number system is so confusing and the colors in the palette aren't exactly made to go together).  They're not lightest to darkest or anything...weird.  I applied this with an ELF damp foundation brush and buffed with Sonia Kashuk beauty sponge *this foundation has that lit from within look, a great product for dewy skin.  Use a blotting powder over if you tend to have oil and a silicone based primer as well to keep from full on shining in 2 hours.
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Light with MAC blush brush all over face to set foundation (had to do this a couple of times, the CS foundation can be a bit moist, ew I had that word...moist *gag*)
Physician's Formula Shimmer Strip in Miami on hairline, lower cheekbones, jawline, and temples for warmth with Sonia Kashuk small duo fibre brush

Cheeks:
Nars Mata Hari blush high on cheekbones with MAC blush brush
Hard Candy blush in Honeymoon over Mata Hari for a lighter flush with MAC blush brush
MAC cream color base in Pearl on light bouncing part of cheekbones, bridge of nose, cupid's bow and center of lower lip, blended for 'glow' and set with MAC Silver Dusk iridescent powder *this is the trick to get that gleaming skin

Lips:
ELF liner in Berry gently around lips
Lorac Multiplex gloss in Ulta Glam for shimmer- I wanted a sheer, glossy lip- poolside sort of lip, very easy

Eyes:
ELF Studio primer on lid to browbone, blended with fingers
MAC Jest on lid with Loew Cornell #270 Maxine's Mop brush
MAC Trax deeply blended into crease and softened with Loew Cornell #795 Round brush
MAC All That Glitters blended into center of lid and towards tear duct with Loew Cornell #270 brush
MAC Gleam blended into top of Trax with Sonia Kashuk blending brush for shimmer
MAC Mystery lined with Loew Cornell #245B Round brush and winged at outer corner on upper lashline
MAC Trax slightly drawn in a straight line from the outer corner to inner 2/3 of lid with Loew Cornell #795 Round brush for lower liner
Mascara is Maybelline Falsies in Black
Brows are L'Oreal Brow Colourist pencil in Shell and blended with rubber dome shader on the end of the pencil to soften

Photobucket

6 comments:

Ki said...

Wow! Your skin looks flawless! :D

The Peach said...

Sounds like a busy day for your kiddos! Hope they had fun!

Love the makeup! You nailed the glowy look! I really like the lippie!

Baroque In Babylon said...

@Ki Thank you! That foundation is a really good one- affordable too since it's not meant for retail markup.

@Peach Whew it was busy but I like that better. I hate it when we're all sitting around staring at each other lol. Thank you!

MaviDeniz said...

love this dewy look, and your lashes are sooo long! very nice :)

Baroque In Babylon said...

@MaviDeniz Thank you! I had eyelash extensions done and they save me so much time. Thanks for your comment!

Anne said...

Hi, just discovered your Blog and loving it!

This page doesn't show any of the pics on it and wondered if they have been taken down? Otherwise it may be a prob my end :(

I've subscribed and looking forward to more articles!

Anne