Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chanel Glossimer in Unity and Pagoda

Alright, I've had these for a hundred years but thought I'd swatch them.  I only have 2 Chanel Levres Scintillantes (who names these things, yeesh) Glossimer glosses in the shades Unity (medium toned burgundy shimmer) and Pagoda (rosey plum shimmer).  I like them both, but the tops of the tubes tend to gum up, so they're not my fave.  But they're Chanel so I don't toss them.  Weird huh?


L to R:  Unity and Pagoda


Swatches below, same order.


I do like these glosses and would like to get a few more.  Aragonite, Galactic, and Nakkar are on my watch list.  They have a medium to thick texture but aren't sticky at all.  I think the shimmer is very packed but isn't gritty, so you get a really nice coverage and complex shade, but aren't dealing with it sliding or fading in 10 minutes.  Mine hold up for at least 3 hours and most of the time I forgo lipstick.  These aren't duped often, so usually the ones on Ebay are legit and cost around $18.99 for Buy It Now.  That's how I got these.  I try to avoid the Chanel counter at Nordstrom because I know I'll cave and come home broke.  When I think MAC is expensive, I go to Chanel and suddenly, all is right with the world :)

Overall opinion:  Excellent color payoff, beautiful shimmery finish, and very wearable texture.  No real fragrance or flavor (a plus).  Can be expensive, but it's Chanel- it makes up for it in sheer snob appeal. 

Do you have any Chanel?  If anyone comments and says they have bags and clothes and such, I'll weep out of envy.

Photobucket

2 comments:

VijiiS said...

Glossimers are generally too sheer for my taste. I don't like paying Chanel prices for sheer. These ones look good, though. =]

Baroque In Babylon said...

@VijiiS That's good to know, because I hate paying a lot for a little. I only have the 2 and they're really nice. I can't help it, I've been lemming Laser :( BUT I bet I could dupe it.