Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

11 Nyx Mega Shine Lip Glosses Swatches!

Hello everyone!  

The last of my Nyx anniversary sale haul is going to be posted in this section.  I picked up 11 of the Mega Shine Lip Glosses.  They cost around $2 each on sale at Cherry Culture and have a yummy candy scent.   Not too sticky and super shiny- these are a lovely cheaper alternative to MAC's Lipglasses.

Take a look!


From L to R they are:  Sugar Pie, Sweet Heart, Smokey Look, Nude Peach, La-La, Copper Penny, Taupe, French Kiss, Beige, Perfect Red, and African Queen.  Here's a look at the tube vs a skin swatch of each shade.

Sugar Pie

Sugar Pie

Sugar Pie

Sweet Heart

Sweet Heart

Sweet Heart

Smokey Look

Smokey Look

Smokey Look

Nude Peach

Nude Peach

Nude Peach

La-La

La-La

La-La

Copper Penny

Copper Penny

Copper Penny

Taupe

Taupe

Taupe

French Kiss

French Kiss

French Kiss

Beige

Beige

Beige

Perfect Red

Perfect Red

Perfect Red

African Queen

African Queen

African Queen

As some of the colors look similar (Taupe v Beige) I did an arm swatch to show the difference of each color.  Some of these like Taupe and Copper Penny have shimmer.  Some are super opaque like Nude Peach and Perfect Red.  African Queen has a bit of blue duochrome to it and Sugar Pie is a delicious sugar cookie colored shine.


Sugar Pie, Sweet Heart, Smokey Look, Nude Peach, La-La, Copper Penny, Taupe, French Kiss, Beige, Perfect Red, and African Queen

Here's the gloss on my lips.  This is just natural light, indoors.  Someone asked what I used to take off the colors in my Nyx round lipstick post and how did I not end up with irritated lips after say, color 17?  I used Neutrogena Makeup Remover wipes and am grateful to say that Nyx lippies/glosses are very slick, so they come off easily.  I like that for use and wearability, but it's not so great in the staying dept.  I tend to powder and layer to get anything above 1 hour out of these.  Here's more swatches :)

Sugar Pie


Sugar Pie

Sweet Heart


Sweet Heart

Smokey Look


Smokey Look

Nude Peach


Nude Peach

La-La


La-La

Copper Penny


Copper Penny

Taupe


Taupe

French Kiss


French Kiss

Beige (more of a flat rose pink compared to Taupe's mauve gold shimmer)


Beige

Perfect Red (love this!  Very vibrant and true red)


Perfect Red

African Queen


African Queen

Overall I love these lip glosses.  I think they apply smoothly and don't leak out of the tubes.  I appreciate how the colors look similar but truly aren't- which leads me to collect them.  They have a sweet scent that I like but don't smell once I wear them.  I wish I'd gotten more of these, but with how awful the sale was, I am lucky I bought what I did.  My faves out of this group are:  Nude Peach, La-La, Taupe, and Perfect Red.  The only difference I see between these and the round lipglosses (besides the bow on lid, square v round packaging) is that these offer a bit more shine (duh) and less fragrance and sparkle.  But other than that, they're pretty interchangeable to me.  You can get these at Cherry Culture HERE for a sale price of $3.99 and if you use MDS20 at checkout, get another 20% off.  Sweet!

Do you have any of these glosses?  I love them!  Which ones do you like?

Have a great day,
T

Photobucket

9 comments:

Miss_Krystle said...

I love Perfect Red. I also have Dolly Pink which is my favorite gloss ever! Nice Post!

Lillian Funny Face said...

I only have 1, Dolly Pink which I love. I particularly like the smell, like lovely cherry candy! I actually bought African Queen but haven't had it sent to me yet, it looks pretty on you!

mNg said...

I love Perfect Red and African Queen :D Thanks for the swatches!

denise ❤ said...

this is an amazing post, good job and thank you for all the swatches wow! and lip swatches too! :)))

I was thinking of getting Smokey Look one day, and Sugar Pie looks SO pretty...wow!! :)

Baroque In Babylon said...

@Miss_Krystle Thank you! I was really impressed with a lot of these. Glad you stopped by!

@Lillian You've mentioned your love of brights- I could see AQ being right up your alley! It's pretty but the purple fire isn't as obvious on, but it's still gorgeous. I'd love to see it on top of Morgana's Azalea Blue. Hope it gets to you soon!

@mNg Thanks! Do you like brights too? I realized I had tons of rosy pinks and some paler versions..but those two bright ones are great!

@denise Thank you and you're def. welcome! Sugar Pie is a great nude! I was surprised it didn't just fade to blah, it's really pretty on top of MAC's Hug Me.

Tanveer said...

The true red looks soo nice! even i have ordered six megashine glosses including smokey look and true red. still have to recieve my package. Does this leave a stain on the lips??

Baroque In Babylon said...

Hi Tanveer! I didn't notice a stain as they all apply really slick, very shiny. It's nice because they aren't sticky, offer a LOT Of color, and yet don't leave an imprint on your skin. Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

My family always say that I am wasting my time here at web, but I know I am
getting know-how daily by reading such nice posts.


Feel free to visit my blog :: ช่างกุญแจ

Anonymous said...

Hello, everything is going fine here and ofcourse every one is sharing information,
that's in fact good, keep up writing.

my homepage ออกแบบเสื้อ