Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin Review!

Morning friends!  I woke up at 6 am which was a treat, because the house was still dark and I always feel like I'm getting a leg up on the day when I'm up early.  I get to catch up on emails, FB, and work out.  I signed up for Nike's Half Marathon in San Francisco in October!  I can only run about 3.5 miles right now (sorry UK readers, I'm not sure of the kilometer conversion) but either way, it's a long way to haul my keister around!  I'm still working on getting fit and this will be the big hurrah to my workout goals!  Also since the race supports the leukemia and lymphoma society- it's a gift to my friend Robin who died from leukemia in 2008. 

I wanted to review a product that I've heard so much about but haven't used.  I only have maybe 3 items from Urban Decay (Baked bronzer, Midnight Cowboy liner, and now this) so I know it's definitley due to look into more Urban Decay.  I picked up from Sephora (with my MUFE foundation) the new tube (YES tube!!!) of UD Potion Primer in the shade, Sin.  Take a looksee...



Oh glorious tubeness!  I've read so much about that dumb bottle being a waste factory that I immediately opted for this.  I chose Sin instead of the plain shade because I liked the idea of a darker color (most people have less than pale skin) and the shimmeriness of it.  Is that a word?  Shimmeriness?  Anyway...Here's a swatch on my hand, indoors, no flash.  Apparently in this photo I have either x-ray camera vision going on or it's a disembodied spirit having it's say on the primer- whatever,.  Probably just glare from my window.


It's a lovely shimmery champagne beige color and silky smooth to apply.  Greatest thing is that now I know why this is so beloved.  I like it better than my Pixie Epoxy.  Sorry Fyrinnae- we're still besties!  It's not as tacky, holds without creasing and I find I use less product.  The tube applicator squirts out the primer and I use a brush or fingertips to smooth it onto my lids.  Brushes are more precise and less like a big finger in the eye.


Smoothed out a bit- isn't it pretty?  I want the MUFE aqua cream in this shade....mmmm aquaaaa....creeeeeaaammm....


Test drive of the UD primer with a notoriously difficult to build shade for me- Twinkling Lights by Aromaleigh.  It's a beautiful color, brilliant kelly green with copper and red glitter, but it's just well...hard to get a lot of punch out of.  So I used the UD on the left, swatched dry on the right.  I know swatching dry is like cheating to show off a primer.  I should've foiled with water or used PE...but I think it's a good show of how UD Primer Potion performs.  Say that 4 times fast :)


With flash below...


Here's how it looks on the lid.  I don't have any makeup on, so you can see how shimmery and lovely this product is.  Shoot, I'd wear it for an eyeshadow.



So that's my take on the Urban Decay Primer Potion.  It's now the primer I go for.  I haven't tried it in high temps yet or on oilier lids (mine aren't oily at all..I'm like anti-oil-mummy-status all over: hair, skin...blech).  But I plan to use it this summer in like, Arizona, so I'm sure it'll get some mileage.  I'll report back on how it goes.  However, this product is so saturated in reviews, I doubt I'll have anything new to report other than I use it now.  So, bye bye other primers, I'm going with Urban Decay!  I plan to do a primer post soon using Aromaleigh, UD, Detrivore, PE, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and whatever else I find.  Suggestions would be welcome!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a lovely day.  Wish I could meet some of you!

-T
Photobucket

3 comments:

MartianDelights said...

Shimmeriness IS a word... and a magical one indeed !

MartianDelights said...

Tube looks definitely better than the bottle !

Baroque In Babylon said...

@MartianDelights Yay for my grammar lol- usually I'm off! I loooove the shimmery aspect of this stuff. Oh and for the tube- I agree. It's more sanitary, less waste, and easier to use. Good job UD!