Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Sleek Original Palette FOTD

This morning my husband's alarm went off at 5:30 a.m and I've been wonky all day. I seriously rolled out of bed and slugged into a t-shirt and Old Navy pj's half alive and still dark outside.  I had to take the boy to early morning football workouts at the school.  Not my finest hour, but I got back having driven over only 1 curb and not hitting anything stationary.  Score.  Then I went back to bed.  Here's a couple shots from when I was awake, in Las Vegas this weekend.

Pretty tree in Bellagio, the color scheme influenced my FOTD today.  I used Sleek's Original Palette.


Balcony view from Bellagio hotel leading to Planet Hollywood.  I think.  My brain still isn't up to par at 3:45 in the afternoon.  I'm officially old that one early morning derails me.  We had a great weekend.  I get soggy emotionally if I don't have sunshine and I needed a weekend somewhere warm.  I grew up in California and if I don't see palm trees at least once every six months then I get in a funk- so this trip was good medicine for me.  We drove to St. George and Las Vegas and finished the weekend hiking in Zion's National Park by the Virgin River.  I think once I get some decent sleep I'll be totally zen.

Here's today's look using the gold, blue, pinks, and bronze from the palette.  I liked the tree picture and wanted to have the glowy peachy gold with hints of purple and a pop of blue. 




 Below is with flash.

Look at the size of my forehead!  Good criminy!  That's it, I am cutting bangs again and NEVER going back.  Man alive, genetics- so unfair.

I used: 
Face:  Ben Nye creme foundation in Fairest for concealer.  I also used Ben Nye chromacake in Bisque for foundation.  Not my fave, it cakes up, but looks GREAT in photos for a matte, clean face.  Smoothing out and finishing powder is Hard Candy's Moon Glow powder in Luminizing.
Cheeks:  Detrivore blush in Leech for contour/oomph with Spell Cosmetics blush in St. Tropez to blend and highlight.
Lips:  MAC Myth with Mary Kay Cream & Sugar lip gloss.
Eyes:  Original I-Divine Palette from Sleek MakeUp.  Gold/Icy Beige on inner lid, Pink on center lid, Bronze winged from outer lid and blended with Peachy Pink across crease.  Black for lining eyes and winging liner slightly at the ends.  Bright blue on lower lashline mixed with Bronze.  Used the black for brows too. 
Liner is BeneFit BadGal and on lower waterline NYX jumbo pencil in Bean.  Mascara is Maybelline Lash Stiletto, the red tube for length and volume (mi favorita).
Photobucket

2 comments:

krista carlson said...

You look so beautiful. I love this look on you...Wow...

Cydonian said...

This is fracking gorgeous! You did an awesome job.