Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Purple and Green look with Pink Lips and some Freelance work

Hello there!  I did a look today using purple and green eyeshadow.  I'm loving that combo lately.  I also used a new Nyx gloss and round lipstick I picked up at Ulta last night.  I've never been in an Ulta before- can you believe that?  So I literally was so starstruck seeing all the Urban Decay, Lorac, BeneFit, Nyx....all the online treasures I used to check out at Sephora back in Ca.  I personally called Sephora and griped they didn't have a Utah location.  Not in the whole bleepin state.  There's a weird vending machine (where UDPP drops like soda cans after you swipe your card)...but no MUFE, no nothin'!  So...they heard it from me and I guess there's a full size one near Ogden (OGDEN?!  Why not SLC?  Ogden has like cows and a weird dirt airport..meh) Anyhow, I'll have to mosey on up to Ogden and see what's going on now.  Maybe my lone call helped- I doubt it :)
Here's the makeup!


Also quickly, some cute girls I did the day before yesterday.  One is looking for prom and the other something natural with a deep copper lip.  I don't have the before shots, but here's some quick afters.  I'm not a photographer, sorry guys.


Above is J Lynne shadow in Cinnamon for a liner, a touch of Aromaleigh Voile 1C on her face, Silk Naturals Restless on the lid, Lorac Bronzer, Diorshow mascara and Avon Nude Gold lipstick with a little Morgana Violet Banana on top.


This girl was really funny.  She wanted smokey eyes with glowing skin.  She kept blinking and laughing so we were both cracking up trying to get a shot.  She had some wicked eyes and I helped her find a good coverage for her struggling teenage skin.



Lids are a blend of Sleek Original palette, Laura Gellar baked eyeshadow in Plum Like It Hot, liner is Make Up For Ever aqua eyes in Black, brows slightly tinted with La Femme brow powder in Taupe, mascara is Diorshow, and on her skin is Ben Nye in Japanese mixed with another more caramel shade (I don't have the name on me at the mo, whoops), and on her cheeks, MAC Blushbaby with ELF Transformer palette as a highlight, lips are Nyx liner in Bare Natural, MAC Blankety and Besame Pink gloss.

Here's the rest of the photos off my camera from today's makeup- golly, but those eyelash extensions are my new best friend.


The one below is like a smarmy take on the Blue Steel stare...oy vey.



Below is with flash/macro...


Closeup of the eyes.



Below is full sun- squinty and bright- but I love those colors together!



Here's what I used:

Face:
Neutrogena Face Shield Spf 115 moisturizer
Smashbox Photo Finish primer
Revlon ColorStay foundation in Ivory, used mah fingers and ELF Studio flat topped kabuki brush
Ben Nye creme foundation in Porcelain under eyes as concealer, set with Ben Nye pink Visage powder, Estee Lauder blush brush
Ben Nye Visage powder as setting powder across face, same brush as above
ELF Eye Transformer palette as highlight over Smashbox Cast Detail highlighter on cheekbones, nose, chin, and cupid's bow, same brush as above

Cheeks: 
Nothing- I'm pink anyway

Lips:
Nyx Round in Paris, from tube
Nyx Mega Shine Gloss in Beige (wha?!- more like vivid rose pink), from tube

Eyes:
Nyx eyeshadow base in White, across lid with fingers
Nyx Purple Velvet jumbo pencil across lid to crease, with pencil
Morgana Stonekeep (deep shimmering yellowed olive) applied to crease and blended to browbone with MAC shader brush
Riche Cosmetics in Innocent (pale ivory peach with violet duochrome) patted onto inner lid with ELF domed shader brush
Fyrinnae Fyre and Ice (black base with deep purple and violet sparks/glitter) along outer V blended into the other colors with MAC shader brush
Fyrinnae Princess of Darkness (true grape hued violet) blended onto center of lid
Meow Miw (glowing metallic yellow green) in outer part of the crease, blended into Stonekeep and along lower lashline, patted and blended with soft, small angled brush from the craft store
Aromaleigh LiveWire (silver glittery bright neon yellow with a slight undertone of lime green) blended onto browbone and around outer portion of eye for glowy yellow with ELF C shaped shader brush
Waterline lined with Nyx Purple Velvet jumbo pencil
Upper lashline lined with MUFE Aqua Eyes pencil in black
Mascara is Maybelline Colossal Lash in Black
Photobucket

3 comments:

The Peach said...

LOVE the purple and green combo! And I am so impressed with the lash extensions! And love both of the looks you did on the other girls! What fun!

MartianDelights said...

Love the green and purple look and oh wow the lashes are even more amazing with mascara and makeup ! love it !
Can you help me cover my struggling teenage skin too please ? x

Baroque In Babylon said...

@Peach Thank you! Those girls were so cute. I miss being that young. I'm loving these lashes- some have fallen out 2 weeks into it, but they're still hanging on!

@MartianDelights Thank you! Oh I love these lashes- they're the best beauty thing I've done in a while- like a great haircut or losing 20 lbs. If you want a good foundation, try Cinema Secrets. Mist your face with water, blend with a damp sponge and go. It's really inexpensive and a pro secret. I'll review my kit stuff soon.