Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Neutral Eyes with a pop of Teal Liner: A La MonroeMisfit Makeup

The inspiration for my look today is from Jody at MonroeMisfitMakeup.  She fell off the radar somehow, but I love her videos and tutorials.  She's my alter-ego if I were young(er) and cool(er), ha!  I'm workin' on it!  Here's the link to the tutorial for my look today.  Sorry the pic below is so weird.  It's a stillshot of a frame on the YT vid...so it's all blurred out, but isn't she gorgeous?  She's got a face for makeup, gee whiz!


Here's my eye- all kinds of tealey goodness goin' on!!




 Will someone please send my right eyebrow an email and explain it's either gotta match the other brow or submit to extensive reshaping?  Thanks.




LOL I love my vacuum in the background!  I find I appreciate the pictures on other blogs more if it's normal and I can relate.  If it's too perfect I am a bit intimidated.  I figure you guys vacuum and beauty blog in your house too, right?  I use my office lighting as it's cool light that I think suits my face and half the time I'm in my ol' workout gear.  But enough yadda yadda...  Here's what I used.

Face: 
Primer, L'Oreal Studio Secrets primer (great stuff)
Ben Nye Creme Foundation in Fairest
Physician's Formula Happy Boost Translucent powder on T-Zone
Erno Laszlo tinted foundation in Medium on the rest of my face, applied with ELF foundation brush
Playboy Beauty bronzer in Fantasy Island 08 stippled onto the outer edge of my face with duo-fibre brush (LOVE that dang brush, I want 5 of em!)
Hard Candy Moon Glow powder in Luminizing on T-Zone to set
J Lynne Cosmetics Candlelight glow on bridge of nose, cheekbones, cupid's bow, chin, and central forehead for dewiness.

Cheeks: 
Hard Candy mineral blush in Honeymoon
Physician's Formula Happy Boost Translucent powder to highlight on apples of cheeks
Silk Naturals Glow in Heavenly for contouring (very lightly done)

Lips:
L'Oreal lipcolor in Fairest Nude
Milani Lotta Lip color in Oh-Mega on top with a bit of Mary Kay gloss in Cream & Sugar

Mascara:  Maybelline Lash Stilletto length and volume

Eyes:
Primer, Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Wet N' Wild Idol Eyes creme shadow stick in Pixie (gorgeous!) all over lid to browbone and along lower lashline
Fyrinnae Kung Pao on entire lid to just above crease in angled shape
Aromaleigh Tarantellegra on inner lid and tear duct and lower lashline, blended well to create that silvery taupe look.  BUT in a great way this color lended a slightly green hue that I loved, really complemented the liner.
Wet N' Wild liquid liner in 863, the bright teal color, rimmed around entire eye and winged at outer corner.
NYX jumbo liner in Bean on lower lashline and along upper lashline under the lashes.

Photobucket

2 comments:

krista carlson said...

Look at you beautiful. I love teal. I have a teal liquid eyeliner by LA Splash that I just love...Us bloggers are normal people...I clean and vacuum...I have to I am a mom and you are too so it is perfectly normal and I feel comfortable seeing normal things. Can't be perfect...Very very pretty look!!!

Tiffanie Michele said...

I LOVE THIS. YOU LOOK AMAZING, Teach me how to do my eyes like this!!! Cause I have the liquid liner, which I am, in fact wearing right now.
oh my heck. okay, seriously, we're having eye makeup lessons. teach me your magic tricks!