Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Morgana Cryptoria look using golds and greens


Good morning!  This was from yesterday- I was so excited to get my Morgana order that I frenzied into the jars and had to do a face.  I've been hanging around with my face bare and my hair in a ponytail in workout clothes, intending to work out and get ready.  Usually I don't.  Blah.  I'm so unmotivated and have regained 4 lbs.  Curse you chocolate Easter candy!  BUT I know I can't give up, so this morning I'm going to take control and get back to work.  No more Stevie Wonder impersonations around here.  These Morgana colors really picked me up and Melissa, the owner, is so kind- she is always very real and considerate of her customers.  I'm a definite Morgana fan.  Here's more of how this look turned out.   It's rather autumnal, but I love it.



I finally realized what 'macro and flash' is on my new camera.  It's a Canon Elph and it's the little flower symbol for macro.  Um, hello?  So below is a flash photo with macro.  I still like the cool window light better on me (like most of my photos I post); I think it's more true.


Below is the ol' eyeball.  I'm still trying to avoid shadows, but when it's overcast here, it's nearly impossible for me to get a good, clear shot of my eye.  I think you can see the makeup fairly well- so I apologize.  Man alive, I think my camera skills are the bane of my blog.





Closeup of the lips.  It's mainly Violet Banana with some liner and gloss.  I love the glowy golden apricot-ness of this shade on the mouth.  If you're looking for a great layering summer lippie- this is a great choice!


Here's what I used:

Face:
Revlon ColorStay foundation in 110 Ivory blended with Hard Candy luminzing lotion in "What a Doll" (made my face a bit pink, better for select placement, not all over), applied with fingertips and stippled with small duo fibre brush from Wal-Mart (review coming).
Aromaleigh Pure Cover in #2 in triangle area under eye to bridge of nose, applied with Wal-Mart concealer brush.
Coastal Scents silicone powder gently whisped over face with large duo fibre brush from Sonia Kashuk.
Cheeks:
None- I just used Hard Candy's baked bronzer in Hula Hula with small duo fibre brush to contour along cheekbones.  I have pink cheeks all the time anyway.
Lips:
ELF liner in Natural Bare
Violet Banana lipstick from Morgana Cryptoria
MAC dazzleglass in Disco Blend

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer in Sin, patted on with fingertips
Morgana Cryptoria Pyramid Scheme patted onto lid and center of lower lashline with ELF domed shader brush
Morgana Cryptoria Alexandria along crease with MAC small shader brush (# worn off, I'm sorry I can't remember- I bought them in San Fran eons ago as a set)
Morgana Cryptoria Helios along browbone, blended into Alexandria for gold shimmer and along lower lashline with same MAC brush as above.
Morgana Cryptoria Chartreuse dotted at inner eye and blended in outer corner of lower lashline up into outer V with same MAC brush for a green glow.
Morgana Cryptoria Alexandria wetlined slightly on upper lashline and lower lashline with Silk Naturals bent liner brush.
NYX pencil in Milk on waterline from pencil.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Ki said...

I love these colours and your look with theml is super pretty :)

a girl named Sam said...

This looks lovely! I've been shying away from the Violet Banana, but I think if I ever get around to placing an order, I might have to try it!

Makeup Zombie said...

So lovely and soft. I really like Alexandria and should use it more often! Those lash extensions look AWESOME!

MartianDelights said...

I totally love Alexandria, and now I want violet banana, it's such an interesting yet wearable colour ! It's got to be mine !

The Peach said...

Soooo amazing! Your lashes are awesome! And the Morgana colors are beautiful! Really loving the lippie!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

LOVE the eyeshadow colours you used here, and Violet Banana looks fabulous with gloss over it!

Baroque In Babylon said...

@Ki Thank you! I'm falling in love with Morgana's shadows.

@Sam oh do try it! It's not a great singular shade, but on top of another color- amazing.

@MakeupZombie *waves* hello! I am a bit behind on Morgana's shadows, but hot dog these were gorgeous! Thank you, these lashes are my saving grace!

@MartianDelights Oh girl, with your beautiful lips, this would be amazing on you. Especially on top of a dark color- like your MAC Impassioned. That's the one you got, right? Try it and tell me if you like that combo!

@Peach thank you! I'm on a gold lippie kick lately and this one is so softly glowy. So cool, good job Morgana!

@VulcanButterfly Thank you! Oh it's a great shade! I didn't expect it to be so amazing based on the tube color- but on, WOW!