Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Gold Liner and Lashes

Hello to you!  Thank you to my new followers and the comments I've gotten lately.  I appreciate it a bunch.  I'm way behind on reading other blogs and commenting, but I know I'll catch up eventually.  This past weekend I was filming a three day teaser for a feature film and the coolests thing about it was a.  the people and b.  the full body special fx.  To see someone become completely unrecognizable underneath foam, fur, and teeth was waaay fun!  I am going to try to learn it myself.  But all in good time- I've got a packed summer schedule.  For today tho-  I was in a gold kind of mood and thought I'd try something new.  I wanted a brilliantly gold liner and gold tinted lashes.  Here's how it turned out (sorry the photos are so dark, it's El Gloomo here today):


Natural Light
 Flash


 Cool indoor light


I only did half of my face, ha ha!  I am testing out a new foundation, so I wanted half with color and the rest bare.  Not the same, but meh, it'll do, right?



I'm on the fence about this new foundation...really.  Lots of hype about it and then I get it on and well....can't quite say.  Either it's a miracle or a flop.  I'll post about it in the next couple of days.  I'm still waiting for the rest of my Sephora order to come in before I do a reveal.  I bet you guys will guess it anyway :)

Here's what I used:

Face:
Mystery foundation, bwaaahahaaa!
Coastal Scents silicone powder, both with duo fibre brush, stippled

Cheeks:
Aromaleigh Luminous Perle powder (OH Aromaleigh I MISS YOU!!! *SOB*)  That's sob, not the swear word lol!, applied with small duo fibre brush
Fyrinnae Polar Bear eyeshadow for highlight

Lips:
NYX liner in Natural
L'Oreal lipstick in Golden Splendor
L'Oreal lipstick in Pale Nude

Eyes:
Urban Decay primer in Sin (new tube, yes!) patted on with finger
Fyrinnae Valhalla on lid to crease
Aromaleigh Twinkling Lights, lightly on crease in arc shape, applied with ELF dome shader brush -basically I use this brush the whole time, except for the liner
Aromaleigh Re-Gifted patted onto lower lashline with same ol' brush
Aromaleigh Gleam mixed with silicone base and applied in heavy wing with Silk Naturals bent liner brush
Gleam was also mixed with silicone base and stroked onto lashes with small stiff fan brush

Photobucket

3 comments:

krista carlson said...

I might now what foundation but I will wait...I love this look...I didn't even recognize you...

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Wow, love the gold liner! Also, I loved your cool-toned look with the silvery-purpley lips that you did a few posts ago....for some reason my computer would NOT let me comment on it!

Baroque In Babylon said...

@Krista You were right!! I am still learning to work with it, but sad to say I am leaning towards L'Oreal TrueMatch...nuts, huh??

@VulcanButterfly Thank you! Durn PC, mine gets evil too.