Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Fyrinnae makes magical makeup!

There have been so many times that I've seen these amazing photos on other beauty blogs.  But when I try to take mine, I always feel like they're blurry, off center, not as detailed, what have you, enter mistake here...but then, a miracle happened and somehow, with my little Canon, I captured THIS!!!


Holy magical crapness!  FINALLY a photo that captures what it looks like ON in sunlight!  YAHOO!!!  Maybe this isn't a big deal, but to me, in the land of crummy blog photos, this is a gift from the makeup gods.  I used mostly Fyrinnae with a little Hi Fi and Aromaleigh thrown in to get a glowing 'magical' look with a lot of color.  Here's more photos, starting with my eyeballs.


Flash photos below.  I normally have a hard time with flash, but this must've been my lucky day.





The next photo is me squinting in the sunlight in my living room.  I was hoping to get a clean shot of the foundation in direct bright light.  I wanted to make sure there weren't any patches and it was blended well.  I'm trying some new application techniques to appear more 'dewy' and less matte.  I mixed up some foundations for this and I'm almost there.  I wonder if it's because I'm so white, trying to get white dewiness is like a snowball sitting on a white tablecloth, kinda pointless.  But I'm trying!  I need some medium to dark skinned models to come over so I can practice.  I do it for work but I find I hardly get prints back (which I think isn't fair), so I usually end up with shots of well, me. 


Back indoors.  Thankfully my head is blocking the huge pile of laundry piled up on my landing.  I swear a man built my house because the laundry room is tiny and there are no closets...but huge garages and kitchen.  Lotsa room for food and tires but NO space for dirty chones!  Grr!





Here's what I used:

Face:
Ben Nye concealer wheel, lightest color blended onto center zone of face, outward with damp latex sponge.
Revlon ColorStay foundation in Ivory swirled with ELF Studio angled blush brush onto face and blended with Ben Nye.
Ben Nye concealer wheel, lightest shade, blended under eyes for concealer with Wal-Mart mineral brush kit concealer brush.  I'm going to review these brushes, because seriously, I really like them!  10 bucks for like 4 brushes I was prepared to completely hate!
J Lynne Cosmetics glow in Candlelight (on sale 25% off right now!  Go to www.jlynnecosmetics.com and buy some, on T-Zone and upper cheekbones/temples for glow, with MAC powder brush
Silk Naturals Date Bait powder (love) to finish, all over face with Chanel kabuki

Cheeks
None, I'm already pink

Lips
MAC Morange (flaming neon road worker vest orange) blended into MAC Creme D'Nude and topped with L'Oreal Fairest Nude
MAC Disco Blend dazzleglass

Eyes
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy all around lid and lashline for stickem power
Fyrinnae Mephisto patted onto outer lid at an angle with domed ELF Studio shadow brush
Fyrinnae Sleepy Hollow patted with same brush (wiped off) onto center of lid in a half circle and center of lower lashline
Aromaleigh Champagne Toast (probably my fave AL color EVER) patted onto inner lid and around tear duct to inner lower lashline for sparkle, same brush
Fyrinnae Sugar Skulls swept softly slightly above crease, lower browbone to blend Mephisto and Sleepy Hollow, same brush
Fyrinnae Rapunzel Had Extension blended with same brush into Sugar Skulls and then dotted at inner corner of eyes
Hi Fi Cosmetics Slime and Snails (GORGEOUS duochrome aqua/blue shift, like a duochrome Tiffany box) patted onto blended area of Sleepy Hollow and Champagne Toast for glowy effect top and bottom
Concrete Minerals White Rabbit swept onto browbone for highlight
Wet N Wild gel liner in black on top lid and outer 3/4 lower lashline in winged shape, ELF lip brush
NYX liner in Milk on lower waterline

Mascara:
Maybelline Falsies in Blackest Black

Photobucket



6 comments:

Cydonian said...

You do the most stunning placement and color combos!! This is great!

Makeup Zombie said...

I absolutely LOVE your hair..the color, the length, the style. It is gorgeous! You are just so stunning.

Baroque In Babylon said...

@Cydonian- Thank you! I appreciate that!

@Wendi- hey you fellow blondie! Thanks!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

WOW!!!!!!!! I am in love with this eyeshadow look! Great pictures!

Talasia said...

Very pretty colors, wow!

MartianDelights said...

Your looks are always amazing, but goodness me the Fyrinnae shadows in all their splendour are to die for. This has got to be one of my favouritest looks from you Tianne, you're so great !