Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Creamy lilac lips and cream eyeshadow

Good rainy afternoon!  I was driving around today and the hems of my pants were dragging in freezing cold water that sloshed up my leg.  It kept me awake at least, but geez, brrrr!!  I noticed buds on the trees and little yellow daffodils coming up- so that means Spring is going to happen here soon.  That makes me smile because I'm done with the cold weather.  Today's look I went with pink/purple and super opaque lavender lips that have been heavily mixed with white.  Here's the look:



That photo looks like I'm trying way too hard or struggling to remember who I am. 





I was happy with it in real life, but my camera skills seem to make everything flat, super cool toned, and just not as nice.  BUT I guess you guys get the jist, right?  My experiment was to use mostly pigments turned into creams for blendability and just to see how it would work.  Surprisingly the silicone base worked well and didn't crumble.  It blended and so far, a few hours after taking the photos, everything's still on.  There's some creasing, but I didn't use a primer or a setting spray, so I'm okay with that.  Mainly, I just wanted to mix my pigments with a liquid just to see what would happen.  Here's what I used-

Face:
Ben Nye Chromacake mixed with silicone base to create a liquid, applied with ELF foundation brush
Hard Candy bronzer in Hula Hula, around perimeter of face with duo fibre brush

Cheeks:
Fyrinnae Love Potion eyeshadow applied with large duo fibre brush

Lips:
Wet N' Wild eyeshadow pencil in Techno for liner
Fyrinnae Snow Bunny eyeshadow mixed with silicone base for a liquid, applied with MAC angled brush
NYX jumbo pencil in Milk mixed with lips to whiten them out
Fyrinnae Love Potion blotted on top for violet sheen

Eyes:
Lola Cosmetics cream base in Fiji across lid to crease, with concealer brush
Fyrinnae Snow Bunny mixed with silicone and applied in half moon shape above crease
Lime Crime Medusa along upper lashline with angled liner brush
Sleek Eye Dust in So Sleek along crease
Rock A Betty Pandora eyeshadow on top of So Sleek for depth (same a bit below lower lid)
Fyrinnae Love Potion on browbone and blended with Snow Bunny for highlight and shimmer.  Also applied directly under lashes on lower lashline.
Meow Cosmetics Freezing Rain around perimeter of eye and blended for fading of shadows
NYX jumbo pencil in Milk on waterline and above brows and cupid's bow for um, emphasis?
Mascara is Maybelline Lash Stiletto
Brows penciled in with Erno Laszlo lipliner in Coffee Bean
False Lashes are Revlon
Photobucket

4 comments:

krista carlson said...

Hot mama!!! Very very pretty..I think you did a great job with the photos....I lack camera skills majorly but it is fun to play around...

The Peach said...

Wow! Love this look! The lip color is amazing!

Cydonian said...

This has a Katy Perry ET vibe... hot!

Anonymous said...

Enthusiasm is nothing but moral inebriety.