Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Beautiful glowing skin and Prom Makeup

Good evening!  I wanted to share the beautiful prom appt. I had tonight.  I love this girl- she's a rare combination of absolutely stunning good looks and such a loving heart.  I'm grateful she wanted me to come get her ready for prom!  We talked about what her hopes were and she wanted the glowy ethereal look Drew had in 'Ever After' (LOVE that movie) and I offered lashes and crystals and lots of glimmer!  Here's the result...isn't she beautiful naturally?  She could go without makeup and be stunning.











I styled her hair with a flat iron and pinned pieces back in curls to hide the bobby pins.  I made the butterfly hair clips by buying the butterflies at a craft store, painting them, adding glitter, and then hot gluing them to long silver clasp pins.  I added a bit of glitter to her hair and locked that style in place with plenty of hair spray and gloss.

For her face, she wanted lots of glimmer, glitter, and crystals.  Here's what I used:

Face:
Mix of Make Up For Ever Face and Body, HD, and L'Oreal True Match foundations in Caramel/115/N3 applied with Sonia Kashuk beauty sponge.
Ben Nye cream foundation in Cine Fair under eyes for concealer with concealer brush
Hard Candy luminizing Moon Glow powder on center of face for light with MAC blush brush
Set with Coastal Scents silicone powder with duo fibre brush
Softened and set skin with Boots Rose Tonic water in a tiny spray bottle (freshens skin, smells good, cools a bit, and has glycerin to set- keeps cakiness at bay)

Cheeks:
Aromaleigh blush in Candy-O and then topped off with lots of Aromaleigh Magnolia Blossom powder to add glow on upper cheekbones and temples
Hard Candy pink luminizing cream to add glimmer and a bit of textured base for the glitter (craft store art glitter in Mermaid)
Swarovski crystals hand applied on eyelash glue around eyes for sparkle!

Lips:
MAC Blankety on center of lips
NYC Blue Rose on outer edges of lips
Nyx gloss in.......crap, I forget and I gave it to her to use so I forget the name, but it was a super sparkly apricot color.

Eyes:
Nyx Eyeshadow Base in white, applied with concealer brush from lid to brows
Aromaleigh Opulent Lustre in Tea on lid
Aromaleigh Matte in Eggplant on outer v and blended into crease with LC shader brush
Aromaleigh Hades shadow patted onto Eggplant and blended with MAC shader brush
Aromaleigh Aurora blended onto browbone with fluffy brush
Aromaleigh Be Mine on lower lashline for a buttery glow and along browbone by brows for highlight
Liner is a silicone base mixed with Hades and winged with a second liner flick to fake a lash at the corners
Mascara is Maybelline Falsies
Lashes are Ardell, 3/4 strip lashes from Target :)
Brows are L'Oreal brow pencil in Blonde and La Femme brow powder in Taupe
Photobucket




4 comments:

The Peach said...

WOW! She looks amazing! You did an awesome job making her skin glow! Love all the details including the crystals on her face and butterflys in her hair! And her dress is so cute! What fun!

Mrs.Makeup said...

Your so pretty, it really makes me jealous just to visit your blog heheh

I love the look! I havent seen Ever After in a long time that use to be my fave movie :)

Ki said...

wow she looks glowing and beautiful! :)

Baroque In Babylon said...

@Peach Hello! Thank you! I loved the glowiness too but the dang finishing powder whited her face in photos and I was so sad about that. But it's the best at setting...so ordering a more med. shade to compensate. She looked beautiful- she's a genetic jackpot lol!

@Mrs. Makeup- she is gorgeous that's not me lol! I wish! Best thing is, she's a great girl, too.

@Ki Thank you- she's a beauty 100%!