Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, April 8, 2011

1960's soft winged cut crease inspired by Barbra Streisand


I used to watch Barbra Streisand in movies like Funny Girl, A Star is Born, and Hello Dolly when I was a young girl.   My mom had a great knack for old Hollywood and I'm lucky I absorbed the love of Tinseltown from her.  I was playing around with ELF's "Blue Moon" quad and wanted to do a soft, blue-grey cut crease like Barbra used to do in the 60's.  Here's how it turned out.  Some of the pictures are better than others.  One thing that drives me batty about blogging is that the 'real life' always looks so much richer than the camera picks up.  It's so muted and soft in photos and much more striking in reality.  That's okay, in this case, I don't think Babs would care :)






Here's what I used:

Face: 
Ben Nye Chromacake foundation in Bisque
Ben Nye CH-O1 Highlight for concealer, under eyes
Hard Candy luminizing powder in Moon Glow all over as highlight

Eyes:
ELF Blue Moon quad, ivory on lid, navy/brown mixture to cut crease, blended into navy and grey on lid and lower lashline
NYX liner in Bean on upper lashline

Mascara:
Maybelline Lash Stiletto lengthening and volume

Cheeks:
Hard Candy mineralized blush in Honeymoon

Lips:
Revlon Satin Plum lipstick #643
Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Lilac Pastel #200
Photobucket

1 comment:

krista carlson said...

I think it turned out very pretty...I really want to learn how to do a cat eye. I have never accomplished this and I even bought a bent eyeliner brush. Partly I can't see because I am blind without my glasses....