Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

MAC Viva Glam Lady Gaga 2

MAC has the new Lady Gaga lipstick shade that I really wanted to try. I received an email with the promo shots (one shown below, image courtesy of MAC Cosmetics) and I loved it. Lady Gaga's photo is so Jean Harlow and anything remotely to do with blush beige, I fall in love. Off I went to find this lipstick. It also has a companion lipglass...but I passed on that.


The coordinating face chart (also from MAC) showing the look above. I think the face chart is pretty accurate for shade matching on the lipstick. It's a great nude cafe au lait shade. These face charts always look so sour and crabby to me. Like too much face lift or something. Blech, don't care for them much.


The MAC promo photo of the tube. It's like skin, but better!


I swatched from the tube onto my hand and it looks deceptively well, beige in the photo, but on skin it warms into Fleshpot-y nude with the slightest hint of flesh peach/pink. I liked it more than I realized I would. It's not 'blank mouth' nude as Fleshpot can be. It definitely has a coffee-with-milk hued warmth to it...and not as pink as Blankety or blah as Hue. It's a shade on its own. The finish is 'Amplified' so it's going to be more opaque, less slip and on me, it didn't feel thick or tacky. I expected a heavier coverage and this was true to color but on my pink lips, it added a freshness to the nude that left me feeling bombshell, not zombie.


Just one swipe to my lips, with tube in far right corner for comparison (ha ha like barely, it's the lipstick version of where's Waldo), natural light.

This shot is better...

Retails for $14.50 and benefits the MAC Aids fund, like Viva Glam does- which I like. Viva Glam are the only MAC products I'll stroll into Nerdstrom's for, since the Pro discount doesn't cover it. I'm really glad I picked this up. I think it's a warm beige neutral and would look great on dark skin tones as well as fair. I'm a NW15 (that's still a bit dark on me) and this suits me just dandy.

Would you go Gaga over this? I think paired with Nymphette or NARS Turkish Delight gloss, this would be beautiful. Tell me what you think!
Photobucket

2 comments:

DazzleGlam said...

I'm thinking about strolling into MAC today to tale a look at this. I missed not getting cyndi or the first lady gaga.. sigh..

Thanks for the swatch!

MartianDelights said...

I don't really do nude, but I can see it go really well with bold eye makeup and the right skin tone :) x