Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Soft Lavender Eyes with Glowy Plum lips

I really wanted to get my skin to look smooth for this look. I have a lot of redness and some aging, both of which I wanted to erase! I don't use Photoshop or edit my looks anymore other than to blur the edges and do some borders/watermark. I really wanted to get as flawless of a face as I could. Here's how it turned out.


The three things I did differently were to use a primer (usually I don't- I'm lazy), use a green tone to combat redness, and apply concealer.

For the primer, I used L'Oreal Studio Secrets professional primer- which I reviewed some time ago here. I really like it. It's not too silky/slippery as Smashbox can be for me. It's a very whipped mousse like pale pink primer that I see a noticeable difference in my skin texture when I use it. Less pores, lines fade a bit, and my makeup doesn't gum up at all with it. I don't get the water vs. silicone balling that sometimes happens with other primers.

For concealer, I used Ben Nye Creme Highlight in CH-0 Ultralight. I wanted to have a brighter undereye and less puffiness. It really worked!

To give redness the boot, I used Aromaleigh's Vert powder on my cheeks. Rosy cheeks be gone!

I've also been using Silk Naturals Perfecting Glow in Crystal a lot. I received samples of all the glows from SN and I am finding the more I use them, the more I like them. Crystal is a medium cotton candy pink shade with some pink shimmer to it that looks like a pearlized gleam on the skin. I have pink undertones so this suits me. I apply it at a 45 degree angle *upwards* on my upper cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose. Next three photos are in the sunlight facing my house, in the early afternoon. I love the golden hue to it.

Beautiful lip colors! I used High Voltage Cosmetics Lip Whip in Cheap Thrills (a buttery smooth pepperminty lip formulation that applies like a gloss but holds like a lipstick and IMHO blows OCC lip tars out of the water). Cheap Thrills is a warm cinnamon-touched mauve that has an almost coppery metallic twinge to it. I really enjoy using it. Not drying either. I'll do a more in depth review and swatching in the next few days. The gloss on this is Hi-Fi Cosmetics lip glaze in Corrode. It's my fave gloss of the moment- thank you Lorraine for sending it to me from lovely England! It's a sheer pearl with a spooky pale green/pink iridescence in the light. I wish Veronica had a great swatch of it up on Etsy- it's so pretty in reality! I lurves it.

Here's how I created this look:

Eyes
Aromaleigh Eye and Lip Primer, patted onto lids with fingers
Fyrinnae Sluagh [gorgeous musky plum with copper fire], applied in a V shape onto outer V and outer corner of lower lashline with MAC shadow brush (numbers worn off, sorry)
Aromaleigh Opulent Lustre in Lychee [pearlescent greyed lilac shimmer] onto center of lids in a sweeping motion, blending with Sluagh top and bottom, using same MAC brush as above
Aromaleigh Pure Eyes Lustre in Fiona [French Vanilla ivory with ivory shimmer] on inner eye and blended into Lychee with same MAC brush, swept onto eyelids in the direction of the lid and around lower lashline- also applied onto browbone for a highlight
Aromaleigh Hot in the City Hoity Toity [Rich mauve-plum with purple and violet sparks] blended on top edge of Sluagh on outer V for blending with same MAC brush (I brush it on my leg in between shades...yeah hygiene!) and wetlined (mixed with water) and used as top liner with Silk Naturals bent liner brush
Aromaleigh Wonderstruck Pass the Tarts [Glimmering with red, blue, purple, and gold fire brick red] patted with same MAC brush onto outer V and outer lower lashline for more definition and oomph
Mascara is Cover Girl Colossal Lash in Glam Brown

Face
L'Oreal Studio Secrets primer on nose, cheeks, forehead, and chin, smoothed with fingers
Ben Nye Creme Highlight CH-0 Ultralight under eyes, patted with fingers and smoothed on the edge as well
Aromaleigh Vert powder, patted onto cheeks with ELF flat top powder brush to even out the redness of my cheeks and bridge of the nose
Coastal Scents silicone powder patted onto Ben Nye concealer and after foundation to set it with large fluffy powder brush from Hong Kong
J Lynne Cosmetics foundation in Ivory Cool 1.2 swirled onto whole face with flat top ELF powder brush
Aromaleigh Voile 1C applied onto center of forehead, bridge of nose and under eyes with same ELF brush as above. It's a lighter shade than the J Lynne and I use it for definition
Silk Naturals Perfecting Glow powder in Crystal on cheekbones and bridge of nose
Silk Naturals Glow in Heavenly (MAC Stereo Rose skinfinish dupe) all over face for 'warmth'- really only showed in direct light, otherwise I'm pale-pale-pale

Cheeks
My own mix of a bunch of samples, applied with large fluffy powder brush from Hong Kong
Aromaleigh Pure Rouge in Nectar on higher part of the cheekbones for more 'pink' with Estee Lauder blush brush

Lips
High Voltage Lip Whip in Cheap Thrills
Hi-Fi Cosmetics Lip glaze in Corrode
Photobucket

No comments: