Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Sleek Acid Palette look

Another wonderful thing I picked up in London was Sleek's Acid Palette. I am pretty sure these sorts of shades aren't going to get approved in the US for eye colors (neon usually is an eye no-no here in the States, not eye safe is my guess) BUT I don't care! I love this anyway for how bright it is.

Bitter Truth: My eyes did water a bit after using this and I think this will be a fun keeper but not a regular use item as I am probably sensitive to it.

Here's the look:






Here's what I used

Eyes
ELF eyelid primer, patted onto lids with finger
Sleek palette in black to cut crease and shape the look, applied to lower lashline with angled shadow brush from Hong Kong
Sleek palette in neon green, patted onto center of lid with ELF contouring brush
Sleek palette in neon yellow, patted onto outer rim of green with ELF contouring brush
Sleek palette in neon orange, patted onto rim of yellow with ELF contouring brush
Sleek palette in hot pink, side swept onto inner lid and outer lid, also blending with black in crease and below the outer V with ELF C shader brush
Sleek palette in black, blending upward onto lid from crease, mixed with the purple shade to define crease and blend, with ELF C shader brush
Sleek palette silvery blue on top of black/purple patted onto browbone and inner tear duct with ELF blender brush
Sleek palette in neon yellow, hot pink and pale blue blended in little sections onto browbone for a rainbow effect, with ELF contouring brush
Sleek palette sage green blended into black on lower lid for smoky effect
Sleek palette neon yellow blended very lightly under sage green with ELF blender brush to even out the color
Mascara is Cover Girl Falsies Waterproof (due to my eyes watering from the shadow) in Black, heavy on top lashes
Brows are Smashbox eyebrow palette quad with blonde shade, applied with ELF liner brush and combed with brow brush
*After doing my eyes, I used a Neutrogena makeup remover wipe to angle the outer edge of the shadow and cleanup fallout, then I applied face/cheeks/lips in that order.



Face
Clinique Repairwear foundation in Fair Neutral, on T zone, applied with ELF studio foundation brush
Aromaleigh Voile 1C over foundation and across face with Chanel kabuki
Aromaleigh Magnolia Blossom finishing powder, swirled onto bridge of nose, under eyes, and on forehead with Estee Lauder blush brush

Cheeks
Aromaleigh Pure Rouge in Epitome [pale apricot peachy pink]

Lips
Besame liner in Pink
Milani lipgloss in Tres Pink [frosted pale pink]
Kevyn Aucoin Alurabliss blue gloss [clear/pale icy blue gloss with all kinds of blue sparkly glitter]
Photobucket

2 comments:

Cacau said...

Gorgeous look! I've heard sleek is comming to Brazil, but I don't think it's here yet!

I really like how bright and yet soft it looks!

Ruthy said...

I just spotted you were following me on my blogger dashboard and I am so, so flattered. I've loved looking at all your pretty looks and swatches but especially this is incredible! So just wanted to say thanks for finding me because now I've found you! xx