Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Purple silvery look with purple duotone lips

I have been enjoying a lot of purple shades in my makeup lately. I've noticed a lot of other bloggers seem to be drawn to purple the most. I sorted my eyeshadows and I have more purple than anything else without even meaning to. I wonder if that's some kind of similarity- we all like purple eyeshadow?

Also too, I wanted to improve my eye looks. I've taken too many themed shots that are super edited and frankly, embarrassing. I was new to blogging and wanted to be 'out there' but then I saw Jangsara and said, "Self, put the Kodak Easyshare down." So now I'm not editing other than just a border and text and blurring some edges...but nothing to alter the makeup at all. I like it better. Here's what I did today and I wore this to Church. I'm wannabe edgy like that.


The next photo shows my grey roots. I need to go to the salon really, really, really badly. I did a bad home color job to delay the expense and hide re-growth before Europe and now it's just borderline homeless lady. My grey is coming out, the bad dye is orange and the pretty light blonde is lost in the tricolor mess. Pardon me while I wear a stained wifebeater and spit tobacky with my ghetto hair.

I cut the roots out of this next shot. I had to have some dignity...plus it looked like my hairline was thinning. So imagine sparse grey hair sprouting from my forehead...good grief.
I like how the purples all blended and I thank Blix for some tutorials that helped me a lot. I used to do too light of a shadow in the center of the lid and get mad my outer V would just blend away. She showed me a darker color will blend a lot better. So, thanks! I'm also realizing that if I don't lose some weight my poor chin will get lost in the jowls a bit...*hides chocolate chip cookie* And daydreaming about getting my chinbone shaved or Botox in my furrow lines isn't going to do half as much as just relieving the mass my bones have to heave around all day. Anyone else deal with this? How do you keep the sugar cravings at bay and force yourself to work out? It's my curse. Anyway, here's what I used for this look:

Eyes
ELF Studio primer, all over lid, applied with fingers in patting motion
Concrete Minerals Wicked [duochrome purple with aqua shift] patted onto the center and outer corner of eyes with Elf C shadow brush
Riche Minerals Stargazer [silvery sparkley lavender] blended with Elf blender brush in a side sweep motion and lower lashline as well
Spell Cosmetics Antiqued [smokey deep plum violet] in outer V and outer lower lashline with angled liner brush from Hong Kong
Aromaleigh Prim Tweed [slightly purpled baby pink low shimmer] blended onto browbone and inner tear duct with MAC eyeshadow brush (numbers worn off, bought in SF a gazillion years ago...seriously like 1998)
Aromaleigh Fiona [shimmery oyster with pearl sparkle] on browbone as highlight, swept on with ELF blender brush
Sweet Pea and Fay Ghost in the House [charcoal black] lined onto upper lashline (wet with water) using Silk Naturals bent liner brush
Mascara is Maybelline Great Lash BIG in Blackest Black
Brows were filled with the blonde shade from Smashbox's shadow quad and I use Revlon rounded tweezers to shape

Face
Smashbox Photofinish primer smoothed onto face with fingertips, upward motion, focusing on T zone
Clinique Repairwear anti-aging foundation in Fair Neutral applied all over face, same as above
J Lynne Cosmetics foundation in Ivory Cool 1.2 stippled onto my face with ELF flat top kabuki brush
Aromaleigh Voile 1C onto forehead, bridge of nose, chin, and upper cheekbones (lighter shade for more definition and softer face) applied with Wal-Mart brand kabuki (that is kinda pokey and I don't like it much)
Silk Naturals perfecting glow powder in Crystal applied with same scratchy kabuki brush onto same area as Voile 1C

Cheeks
Aromaleigh Rocks! Rouge in Wildflower swept onto apples of cheeks and up towards the temples with Estee Lauder blush brush
J Lynne Cosmetics glow in Candlelight on top of Wildflower for a bit of finish, same Estee Lauder brush

Lips
Milani Crystal lip gloss in M1 (sorry name was on shrink wrap and nowhere on the bottle, but it's a dark deep purple shade), applied on outer corner of mouth and around the edge with wand in the tube
Fyrinnae Bounce Lip Lustre onto center of lower lip and fill in upper lip with wand in the tube
Sweet Pea and Fay gloss in Jamma Ramma for shine on top of other colors, with doe foot from tube and blended a bit on outer rim of lips
Photobucket

No comments: