Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Pin Up Makeup

I'm a huge Gil Elvgren fan and I own a ton of books on Pin Ups and glamour girls. If I could transform myself into 1940's Hollywood, I would in a hot second! Unfortunately, makeup is as close as I'll get. Either that or some weird 'Homes of the Stars' tour in LA. Which I'll never do, it's always embarrassing to squeeze into those open topped vans and drive down Sunset like a tourist. Blech! So here's the Pin Up makeup. I find this look is always classic: Nude shadow, winged black liner, pink cheeks, and va-va-voom red lips. Hope you like it. I think it turned out cool. Even though I think my face kinda looks like a done up potato with a wig. Meh.



Eyes
Ben Nye Ultra Highlight Creme in DH-01 for primer (I liked how light it is), dabbed on with fingertip
Aromaleigh Voile 1C on lids (for pale flesh tone) patted on with MAC shader brush
Moi Minerals stacker Autumn Whisper, pale chiffon cream shade, applied same as above in crease
Moi Minerals stacker Autumn Whisper, deep hazelnut brown shade, applied in a winged liner shade with ELF liner brush on the outer eyes
Besame eyeshadow in Peacock Blue slightly blended onto lower lashline with flat shadow brush from Hong Kong
NYC liquid liner in Jet Black on top lid, drawn out into a wing with 'lashes' on outer corners
Mascara is Maybelline Great Lash mascara BIG brush in Blackest Black
Flare lash pieces by Ardell applied on outer lashes
Brows are ELF Eyebrow Duo in Medium

Face
Temptu primer, smoothed onto face with hands
J Lynne Cosmetics Ivory Cool 1.2 foundation smoothed on outer portion of face with Chanel kabuki brush
Aromaleigh Voile 1C stippled and blended onto face with ELF Foundation brush
Ben Nye Ultra Highlight Creme in DH-01 under eyes for concealer and blended with ELF Foundation brush and set with Aromaleigh Voile 1C on top
Besame Dusting Powder swirled onto face with Chanel kabuki
Besame Powder in Ivory patted around mouth, on nose, and lower cheek/jaw with MAC blush brush for contrast

Cheeks
MAC blush in Pink Swoon alternated with Besame blush in Raspberry swept in an upward motion along cheekbone with MAC blush brush
J Lynne Cosmetics glow powder in Candlelight on upper cheekbone and down nose for shimmer

Lips
Lined lips, emphasizing cupid's bow and outer corners for length of lips with Besame liner in Red
Filled in lips with ELF lip brush in a brilliant crimson, Besame Red Hot Red
Topped with Besame lip glaze in Red Berry
Photobucket

4 comments:

krista carlson said...

I think you are gorgeous!!! I wish I could do my liner winged and I still can't master it damn!!!

Cydonian said...

HOT! I love the drawn on eyelashs.

Sasmita said...

Your lips are beautiful! And yes, you are no less than a glamour girl :)

http://discoverlifestyle.blogspot.com/

Sasmita said...

happy to follow you dear !

http://discoverlifestyle.blogspot.com/