Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Looped Eyeliner with Persephone Minerals

I have had some pretties from Persephone Minerals that I've been meaning to swatch. Truthfully, I'm a hit and miss girl and I hate it. Some days I'm great. Some days, not so great. So I tend to have projects on the backburner, even if they are items or things to do that I love. Case in point: Persephone Minerals. I've had these shadows for a while (i.e. over a month) and am just now sitting down to work with them. I've been meaning to for weeks. Here's a look I did with all Persephone and one little Rock A Betty shade.

Colors Are:
Persephone Minerals Elysian: Beautiful gilded cocoa brown with a golden edge and green cast.
Persephone Minerals Sugar Doll: Sexy rich tan gold with hot copper and magenta fire and sheen. Duochrome shade.
Persephone Minerals Pink Floyd: Baby pink base shade that sparks with hot pink and coral copper variance. Duochrome shade.
Rock A Betty Beauty Rehab: Matte white with royal blue glitter.





Here's what I did:

I applied ELF eyelid primer all over lid and around lower lashline. Waited for it to dry. Then I used a medium shadow brush from Hong Kong (1/2" head, tapered at an angle) to apply Floyd Pink all over lid and a bit above the crease. I cleaned the brush and used it to apply Sugar Doll all round the crease and outer V. Then strictly in the outer V and into the depth of the crease I applied Elysian. On the browbown and inner eye I used Rock A Betty Rehab to highlight with an ELF blender brush.

Thick black liner on top, winged with NYC liquid liner in Jet Black. Mascara is Maybelline Great Lash BIG wand in Black. I also used the NYC liquid liner to make loops with the eyeliner in oval shapes under the eye up the wing of the liner.

I have to say this though. This liner cracks within seconds and I'm looking for a replacement. I have a nice fluid clean line and then voila, crackage! Drives me crazy.

I'm also trying to figure out how to improve my eyeshadow usage. It's no good having over 500 shades if all you do is swatch and do half-baked EOTD/LOTD's. I keep looking at women like Padmita, Jangsara, FunnyFace, and Blix (my fave) to figure out how they get their shadows so stark and clean but blended. I just don't have the gift. It's a bit saddening to realize it, but I plan to keep trying.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Makeup Zombie said...

I really love the look of the new blog. And this look is totally bitchin'!

Baroque In Babylon said...

Aw, thanks Wendi! xoxo I think the new blog is way better too, it's more 'me' and a lot less of well...me. I had no idea it was so self indulgent. This suits me much more personally :)

MartianDelights said...

I like the loop eyeliner, it's really original !