Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Green Lantern LOTD

My husband is excited about the Green Lantern movie coming up. I used some fun greens to make a look that I thought would be glowing and well, green. I have to confess that I've not heard of the Green Lantern until we were in the movie theatre and the previews came on. But I know I'll read up a bit so when we go see the film I'm not interrupting him watching it with a thousand questions. By the way, while I'm typing this, my 13 year old just said, "I think I'll invent hair in a can. You just spray it and it's kinda like a chia- but you grow hair!" Ooookaaaay. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Here's my Green Lantern look.


I am suckage at blending. I see so many beautiful almost airbrushed looking eyes and I try and try and it looks good...then poof the photo produces a splotchy mess. Any tips?



All products, in order of application

Face
1.Temptu Primer lotion, all over, applied with fingers
2.Almay Concealer, under eyes, patted out with ring finger
3.Aromaleigh Voile 1C, all over with no brand kabuki
4.J Lynne Foundation in Ivory Cool 1.2, all over (review approacheth soon) - great stuff btw!, applied with flat top kabuki from ELF
5.Silk Naturals Perfecting Glow in Crystal, main parts of face (blows BeneFit Dandelion out of the water IMHO), applied with ELF flat top kabuki

Cheeks
1.MAC Blushbaby, apples of cheeks, with MAC blush brush (numbers worn off)
2.Silk Naturals Perfecting Glow in Crystal, for shimmer on cheekbones and bridge of nose, applied with MAC blush brush

Lips
1.MAC Blankety, no liner, applied with tube
2.Sinister gloss, mixed with Blankety, applied with finger
3.Besame gloss in Cotton Candy, applied with tube wand

Eyes
1. Pixie Epoxy primer on lids, applied with wand from tube and patted down with finger
2. Fyrinnae Danse Macabre on half of lid and into outer v and 3/4 of lower lashline, with MAC shadow brush (numbers worn off, sorry)
3. Fyrinnae La Noche on outer V and outer corner of lower lashline
4. Aromaleigh Atomic on inner lid, around tear duct and inner 1/3 of lower lashline, applied with ELF blender brush, tapped onto lower lashline and tear duct with ELF studio liner brush
5. Rock A Betty Beauty Rehab onto browbone and inner eye with ELF blender brush
6. NYC Liquid liner in Jet Black, winged on upper eye near the lashes
7. Mascara in Blackest Black from Maybelline Falsies
Photobucket

3 comments:

Cydonian said...

I just found your blog and wow, you are gorgeous! Love the look.

Phyrra said...

I love the colors you used here and the color placement.

Baroque In Babylon said...

@Cydonian *blushes* Gee, thank you!

@Phyrra Thank you! That means a lot coming from you <3