Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hi Fi Cosmetics: Art Saves Collection Swatches

Hi Fi Cosmetics never ceases to amaze me. Really. The colours are all so well done and consistent to apply, that I don't need to keep raving. Just know that if you order from Veronica at Hi-Fi you're going to want to buy every. little. thing. Case in point- Art Saves Collection, sample set available here.

I ripped open the envelope, standard mailer for letters and such, and immediately swatched. I did these with water only, indoors and with some flash, which I'll note. Metallic a bit, sparkly a bit, and all of them really lovely. See for yo'self-

From L to R:
Sanctuary: Flesh hinted rose with a bit of copper and metallic.
Ash and Agony: Olive gold with golden metallic base.
Vae Victis: Grey-green with gold shimmer, slightly metallic as well.
Storm of Thorns: Green tealish hue with sparks of gold and aqua and a bit duotone between high green and teal. FAVE!
Religion of Resistance: Sexy gilded shimmer.

Above and below were taken with flash at different angles, to show the depth of the colours. Hello Storm of Thorns and Ash and Agony- wanna be mine?

Next are the last 5 shades in this 10 piece set. I am adoring how these are all sorta neutral but not blah boring brown. I appreciate the twist of green and blue and a hint of rose. It makes it more usable with different skin tones. Thanks Veronica!

From L to R:
Glass Memories: Iced taupe with a bit of gold sparkle
Beast Untamed: Soft coppery brown with a bit of metallic to it.
Drowning in Atrocities: Brilliant royal blue with flashes of bright blue and gold- really prismatic blue. Like this a lot.
Anarchist Alliance: Browned rose with a little gold shimmer.
Covet Retribution: Milk chocolate medium toned brown.

I also got a few freebies and some business cards, which happens every time I order from Hi-Fi. I love this shoppe and there are very few that get my undivided love, but this one does. I consider her products to be so well made and the shipping is super fast, so this won't disappoint. She's hinting at another collection in the works, so I'll be sure to watch for it.

Which one of these do you like? I really appreciated the duochrome green/teal of Storm of Thorns. I think these are a great staple set and if you haven't tried Hi Fi Cosmetics yet, this would be a really safe place to start. But if you're passionate at all- grab a wild colour like Suicide Trees- you won't regret it! Just don't be surprised if you get hooked....there's nothing like...


Photobucket

9 comments:

Persephone said...

lovely!!! I must have!

SilhouetteScreams said...

Oh man, the Hi-fi product photos really don't do these shades justice :O I want all of the ones in the first set of swatch photos

MartianDelights said...

oooh so pretty ! :)

Mirna said...

I drool and drool....

TianneMarie said...

Hi Persephone! Oh they are pretty! This is such a good set for everyday colours, but then they have a great 'pop' like so many Hi Fi shades do. It's addictive, I swear.

TianneMarie said...

Hi SilScreams! That's the wild thing about Hi Fi...you get them, knowing they'll be pretty, but if you swatch them or put them on, you drop your jaw and go 'wow'. That, to me, is good stuff and Hi Fi to me is Gooooood stuff!

TianneMarie said...

Hi Lorraine! They are super pretty in reality. I just love Hi Fi. Did you get your packages yet?! I worry about customs sometimes (although I know the UK is great) and I hope you like the pressies.

TianneMarie said...

Hi Mirna! I read on the other post you ordered some, I'd love to see what you picked up!

Anonymous said...

pitaa tarkistaa:)