Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Morgana Cryptoria: Swatches!

Morgana Minerals is now Morgana Cryptoria! Take note, the new url is http://www.morganacryptoria.com/

Lipstick photo is courtesy of Morgana:

She's got some great new lippies that I would love to try. 24k Pumpkin and Nightshade are the two I covet.

I did a little swatchin' of some of the eyeshadows I have. The only lippie I have is Azalea Blue. It's a dead ringer for NYC Blue Rose- a great fushcia with a wicked blue purple holographic glow to it. I adore it. I've read that Nightshade is the best purple of Morgana's...but I'd love to get a full size tube soon. In the meantime, here are the eyeshadows.


Swatches were taken indoors, indirect sun on a cloudy day. My fave of the bunch are Bubblegum Frosting and Fire Opal. The Bloody Mary I have is not the new one from the 2010 collection. That's a new re-formulated version. These shadows I applied on top of Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy. They're smooth and I give them a 6 out of 10 [Melissa of Morgana got in touch with me about this and I didn't want to hurt her feelings by this at all. If anything, I want to try more and the lipsticks are WONDERFUL, so I think the jury is still out for me, on Morgana...they get raves and I know I should try more and expand my opinion]. They're $6.50 for a full size jar or the same amount (3 g) in a baggie for $4.00. I say buy a jar for .25 cents and get the bag :) I give them a lower than fab score simply because nothing really 'stood out' but they were all quality and not repackaged.

I follow Morgana on Twitter and I always love checking out her site. It's the one site I can say is creepy in a good way. Do you love Morgana too?

A quick shot of my samples in the binder. I keep my sample baggies in a 3 ring binder, separated by card collector sleeves I bought at Office Depot here in the US.

Thanks for stopping by!


Photobucket

No comments: