Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Meow Cosmetics Egyptian Treasures collection Swatches and review!

One of my favorite types of eyeshadow are metallics. I don't know why, but they are the most beautiful to me. Because of this, I fell head over heels for Aromaleigh's Elemental Lustre collection and felt sick when the closing announcement came because I thought, "Well...where will I find anything like that?"

Then comes Meow Cosmetics, like an answer to prayer! I found this semi-hidden collection on their site under Seasonal and Ltd Edition collections under Eyes. What a crazy thing that I missed this! Below are swatches of all 22 shades...each aptly named for that desert swept nation that captivates.

Each swatch was patted over Pixie Epoxy (now $7.00 at Fyrinnae instead of $7.50) with MAC blender brush. All shots taken indoors, no flash with indirect light. It was kinda cloudy today, so not the best lighting. However, these shadows gleam.

My favorite set of swatches are below. Oh. My. Gorgeousness. Tut here is a wild colour. It's a rich burgundy red that when you rub it, it has this duochrome effect of copper- like a US penny! it's gorgeous- GORGEOUS! Royal also has this little sparkle of red and purple to it and is the best colour. I want drapes in this shade. Velvet ones.



Can you see the copper tone to Tut?! AMAZING. Look at Royal/Scarab/Tut together. Is that not a lovely trio? I wanted to lick my hand they were so pretty.
Nile appeared a lot more grey toned on MC's site...but it's a pewter touched blue that is really soft. Miw has this yellow highlight to it that is almost glowy. How they did that, I don't know- but it's great!



Jackal is a deep, deep brown plum shade. Hard to photograph, but would be a killer liner.






Artifact was a pretty colour too. It was a bronze based shade that had a wine hue to it and it caught the light like a subtle fire. I loved that one.






To browse these beautiful jewels yourself, click HERE!


Where you can buy these: Meow Cosmetics http://www.meowcosmetics.com/


What you'll get: 5g sifter jar with about 1.5 g of product


Why you want it: Meow is heads and tails (he he) above a lot of 'indie' companies. They really offer world class products that hold up. Each of the shadows I've tried hold up and don't fade. I love the customer service, shipping is excellent, and they often offer sales. Head over, pick out some pretties and love them. They're beautiful.

My favorites were: Tutankhamun (#1 out of this set by far for me), Artifact, Miw, and Royal.

Which ones do you like?


Comparison chart for swatches/online shades. Should click into a larger, clearer photo. Let me know if it doesn't. Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Leira Yann said...

wow!! Great Swatches. I should get meow eyeshadow one day.

Persephone said...

OOOh that chart rocks!! So far Sand Dune is the only one I've a sample of but just about all of them are my wishlist ;)

ladyinatophat said...

Egyptian Treasures was actually what drew me to Meow and ever since I saw the colors, I knew in the back of my mind that I was going to be making a laaaarge purchase there.

I totally did. :D But unfortunately did not get my hands on Royal, which looks absolutely GORGEOUS.

Teipu said...

Thanks a lot for these swatches!
I thought about getting some samples and now I'm sure that I have to try everything!

SilhouetteScreams said...

I've always wanted to try this collection since I'm a massive fan of gold, and now I totally need to :D SO DAMN PRETTY AND METALLIC

TianneMarie said...

Hi Leira! I hope you get to try some Meow soon. Sometimes when I'm on a low/no buy I will check out Makeup Alley for trades or even email bloggers offering a swap. When you pick some up, I'd love to hear what you think!

TianneMarie said...

Hi Persephone!! Thank you! I always wonder if anyone notices the charts but they help me. Sometimes online colours are tricky to be accurate, so the charts are a good reference to compare. These are gorgeous. My WishList is a mile long...now it's even longer!

TianneMarie said...

Hi Lady!! I love Royal- love it! What colours did you pick up? I really want to get Artifact, Miw, Tut, Royal, and Scarab. But I'm on a low buy...and I have lots to swatch. Glad you stopped by and said hello!

TianneMarie said...

Hi Teipu! I was surprised at how beautiful these were myself. I didn't expect them to almost glow like they did. Plus they weren't crumbly or flaky. I really hope to try more Meow soon.

TianneMarie said...

Hi SS...wow that 'mask' you have on is incredible, I love that! Is that makeup? I love metallics like no other and if you love gold...oh this is like Fort Knox! The great golds for me were Ra and Treasure out of this set.

Sexy Sadie said...

I know I am late to the party here, but damn those shadows needs to come home to me.