Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, October 22, 2010

LOTD with Shiro Cosmetics and a look inside my home

I am having a lot of fun playing with the new collections of eye shadows I've received lately. I have so much I want to do and I still need to do swatches of Aromaleigh's Mythos collection- which is really stunning. I have to say that Aromaleigh by far does the best eyeshadows. Next would be Hi-Fi Cosmetics and a tie with Fyrinnae. Fyrinnae is like makeup art though. Incredible. Anyway, here's my eyeball all nicely slathered in Shiro lovin'.

Bright pinkish orange is Zelda (shimmering salmon colour), the deep blue is Majora's Mask (blue/purple bright sparkle), the soft ivory is Puzzle Box (brilliant rainbow fire white) and the red and liner is Subrosia (brick sparkley fire red). I loved these and I wish I could paint my house in eyeshadow and have all the glitter around me. Why can't I?

I am getting a bit long in the tooth and looking haggard. My Neutrogena isn't cutting it and I need to DIET and use better skin care. I'm terrible about washing my face before bed and as I'm hitting my mid 30's (GASP) I need to do better. So...here's me with not much on my skin, pretty Kitty Ears lip lustre from Fyrinnae and Stila lip glaze in Rum Raisin (I think). I look tired. Blah.

That's the makeup! I was asked the other day about a hutch that we were refinishing. I'm not sure what it's called outside the U.S. (wardrobe? or is that a portable closet...like an armoir?) Anyway, to me it's a hutch and I fill it full of my stemware and china. I luuurve china and old dishes. My old lady dishes, I call them. I have a big stack of Haviland Limoges china in sweet aqua and teal flowers and a lot of crystal goblets we never use. I don't know what I'm waiting for to use them either. So I just stare at them sometimes and wish I would use them. Lame, I know. Anyway, here is the hutch all finished:

It used to be the ugly honey oak you see inside the bottom cabinetry. We're waiting for the glass shelving from the glazier and then I can load in the rest. My husband did a great job of painting it black with red distressing and a low gloss finish. That furry orange mow is Oskar the cat. He is spoiled and fat and my very dear friend. He's checking out the boxes. We moved into our home in April and I am at a total loss as to decorating. I have all these ideas and I've yet to do any of them so our home is embarrassingly empty, which you'll see a few shots of. So instead of drapes, I have dishes. Like my Limoges below.

The blue little cup and such on the left is the exact pattern from Baroness Blixen's china from Denmark. The Baroness was the writer of "Out of Africa"...the movie I just love and watch at least once a month.

More Limoges on the bottom left and my Christmas china teapot. I don't drink tea, but I do like my teapot. I have a silver tea service in a box somewhere. Key word: somewhere.

Canister set on my counter that I picked up at an antiques store. I'm sure they aren't that old, but I love the Art Deco writing. As an LDS family, we don't drink coffee or tea, but these canisters are so awesome, I fill them all with sugar and cookies and candy :) Hence why I need to diet :S

Twilight Princess (I blame Shiro Cosmetics for getting me into the game again this week lol) is on the t.v. and I told you our house was bare. 2 sofas, an end table...our t.v. and a gang of DVD's to the left of the television. Our motto on decorating is this: We'd rather have a semi-empty house and slowly do it right than quickly fill it full of junk. Amen.

The final resting place of the hutch and the box I pulled my china from. Our stairs have a funny pumpkin for Halloween and my aqua python (faux) wallet and keys. I plop them there when I come in the front door.

And finally.....a photo I know that will touch the heart of someone I love very much. Thank you, thank you, thank you...I love you!

Any ideas on what I should do for drapes in my living room with all those massive windows?! I'm at a total loss. I went and looked at velvet pinch pleat drapes at Downeast Home (sale stuff for William Sonoma and Pottery Barn) and then came home empty handed and overwhelmed. Any ideas are welcome!! Thanks for taking a look and welcome to my house :)

Photobucket

6 comments:

SilhouetteScreams said...

Your come up with such cool colour combos and placement! I love the pop of blue :)

MartianDelights said...

I'd enjoy the view and not cover the windows to be honest - but then I am biased because 1- I haven't got a view and 2- there's never any sunshine coming in through the windows :(

Love the look, blue and orange go really well together

Goddess said...

Guess who got her order today!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh! They are awesome.....playtime at the Goddess of Beauty's Day Spa! They so rock....I love what I picked out! Call me sis...love ya!

TianneMarie said...

Hi Sil! Thank you! I try!

TianneMarie said...

Hi Lorraine! Thanks for the idea on the windows. This house was a small miracle to us as the housing market here in the US is a swamp. I appreciate your idea because honestly, I have all these wants but to buy everything is an insane amount...so we go slow and I don't want to botch it or decorate it poorly. So we end up with a whole lot of nada :) Too bad you don't live closer, I'd invite you over and say "HELP! What would you do with this room or that room" and then we'd dive into makeup and I'd make cookeis :)

TianneMarie said...

Goddess!! PICTURES, woman, pictures!! I'm going to call you as soon as it's not 7:30 a.m. your time :) Wake up over there on Hollywood!