Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Concrete Minerals Swatches and Review and LOTD

Hi there!

Concrete Minerals is an Etsy store that has some pretty beautiful swatches and over 40 eyeshadows. I've read some great reviews, so I thought I'd check them out too.

You can get samples two ways:

You get a deal of 4 samples for $9.99- click HERE. I know that sounds like a lot, but it actually is a fair shake. 4 jars (5g size with sifter and sealed) with 1/4 tsp for around ten bucks US. That adds up to around 2.50 per jar. That's around Fyrinnae size and pricing (1/3 tsp for $2.00 ea sample).

Or if you blog/YouTube/MUA, send in your URL with a message about your site/work and you can get pretty much the same deal as above for $4.99. This fab offer is available HERE. THAT is a deal! Of course I took the bait. I'm so glad I did!

Here's what came in the mail:

Great little placard about the company, nice handwritten note on stationary and 4 jars that might as well be full size. Ingredients were printed on the label and for an Etsy shoppe, this really came off polished. I for one, appreciate that. Like Hi-Fi, I love feeling like I'm getting a dept. store package at a deal. I did a quick look with the colours I ordered: Wicked, Temptress, White Rabbit, and Deviant. Here we go!


Swatches below were taken indoors, indirect light, without a flash and foiled onto Pixie Epoxy.

Top row, L to R:
Temptress: Mermaid teal with a nice shimmer to it, not glittery and with a bit of aqua and silver in the light.
Deviant: Muted plum with a lavender undertone and a soft gleam to it, very little sparkle and what I call an 'off purple'.

Bottom row, L to R:
Wicked: FAVE gorgeous orchid purple with a touch of plum with a spark of aqua duochrome that is stunning and almost lends a pink to the shade. If Temptress and Deviant had a baby, Wicked would be it.
White Rabbit: looks powdery white in the jar, but applies to a bit of a matte white with a pink glowy fire underneath. Great for adjusting darker shades and give them a pink tinge. Thar's the jar below...


Isn't Wicked pretty?!

I loved these so much I busted out my brushes and put something together. I wish my colours 'stood out' more and didn't look so blended, but in real life they do. I wonder if it's my camera or lighting or what. I would love a new camera but $$$ is not going down that road for a bit...so here's my photos, blended and all :)



I applied Pixie Epoxy all over lid and let dry (no crumbly mess that way). Then with my MAC shadow brush I tapped Wicked over the entire lid up to the crease and only in the center of the lower lashline.

After that I patted (same brush, cleaned off) Temptress above on the outer V and outer half of the lower lashline.

On the crease only I used a thinner blending brush I got off Ebay and applied Deviant to fill.

With a domed blending brush from ELF, I swept White Rabbit on the inner eye, browbone and inner half of the lower lashline.

Lined upper lid only in a wing with NYC liquid liner in Jet Black and applied L'Oreal Voluminous mascara.

I was super sleepy so I did a dead face shot. Husbs and I went dancing with a single friend and let me tell you...I need to get my workouts in gear, I was zonked the next day! For the rest of the look I used the following:

Face- Jane foundation in Light Ivory

Blush- light (I mean light) application of Smashbox Radiance blush with Estee Lauder blush brush topped with Aromaleigh Pure Blush in Peach.

Lips- NYC colour in Nude with Kevyn Aucoin Alurabliss Blue gloss.

Overall Opinion about Concrete Minerals

I think they offer the best You Tube/Blogger deal. You get a lot of product for about half off what is already a sample price. I loved her packaging and her shipping was really fast. Also, these aren't repackaged as far as I can tell. I'm grateful for that. I loved how they came in jars not baggies, it always seems like I really get something when I get jars. I will definitely buy from Concrete again. As a matter of fact, I'm loving the colours SMUT (an angry bronzed brown), VEGAS (a shimmery yellow chiffon), and NAPALM (pumpkin orange with a gold hue).

My only negative is that the actual shop doesn't have each colour listed individually. There is a chart that you can reference to choose from, but other than leaving a message to invoice, there isn't a clean cut way to buy each colour at a time. I hope this remedies as Wicked is on the chart and if I hadn't seen it on other blogs, I wouldn't have noticed it and that would've been a total miss!

What's your experience with Concrete? I'd love to know!

Have a great day,
T

4 comments:

Megan Harmeyer said...

I have Temptress & Wicked - they're in my top 10 of my collection. The look you did with them is gorgeous!

TianneMarie said...

Hey Megan! Thank you! I looooved Wicked, holy moly it is pretty. Any other colours I should check out?

SilhouetteScreams said...

Love the eye look you did with them ^__^ I have Temptress and I love it. I also love Vegas, Zealous and Juvenile and I have Swamped, Prude, Detox and Ruse coming in the mail!

TianneMarie said...

Oh wow, I hope you post swatches SS, I'd love to see them. My buy list is massive...I can't seem to keep up! Let me know which ones you love.