Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Univision Commercial: Behind the Scenes

My most recent project was a Spanish commercial for the network Univision. It should air in about 2 weeks or so (I think). This was a quick shoot with a green screen background and a lot of post production editing. The two talent I had for makeup/hair were Karla and Jacqueline.

Karla is teensy, tiny with astounding hair and luminous eyes. She has gorgeous, white teeth and was warm and funny. She reminded me of a mix between Bardot and Loren. I was asked to do sexy but subtle. Spanish marketing is usually sexier than mainstream US tv. The women are flirty, sultry eyed, and have loads of long hair. I didn't want too much drama with dark, heavy shades, so I went soft but pretty with touches of green and coral. Take a look:



On Karla I used AL's pure eyes matte in Moss with Carolina Summer Verdigris on the main part of the lid, with Moss as contour/crease. Karla's face I evened out with Ben Nye concealer and Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet foundation. For powder, I used Besame's dusting powder (smells so good) and a touch of Make Up For Ever's HD silicone powder for shine. On her lips I used Besame's liner in Naturale with Carmine and Champagne lipsticks in layers. The effect was neutral but noticeable.

The next actress was Jacqueline. She was so earthy and friendly and we had a good chat. She had nearly waist long, silky hair and a defined jawline and soft eyes. I was asked to do a very neutral look on her, nothing too bright and nothing too brown. So I used AL's pure eyes Frost in Raisin on the outer V and lower 2/3 lashline. I blended that with Les Papillons Emergent Beauty for some shimmer. On the main part of her lids I applied pure eyes mattes in Peach and mixed with a little Carolina Summer Oyster for highlight and inner eye 'brightness' by the tear duct. On her cheeks is MAC's Blushbaby and a bit of E.L.F. blush in Glow. On her face I used Ben Nye foundation in Bisque with some Banana powder for softness. On her lips I used Besame's lipliner in Cocoa with Milani's Naturelle lipstick. I wanted her skin to look glowy with a soft, round lip and gentle eye makeup.

If I get video footage I'll post it! In the meantime, I've got some LOTD's to put up. I also have only gotten a few entries for the giveaway! It will be about $50-$100 worth of FREE product to you! Just follow me, email me your info and your top 5 beauty products to enter! I will gather the goodies and take a photo to tempt you, but I promise, it's going to be good!
Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

No comments: