Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Face Primer: Review

I found a $2 off coupon in my Allure and Vogue magazines touting L'Oreal's Studio Secrets primer with a wee sample. I tried the sample and was so impressed I picked up the jar with the coupon. I purchased mine at Target for $10.99 US and with the discount, paid $8.99. Not bad, not bad. Link to purchase here.

Now L'Oreal as Lancome's cheap little sister is a decent brand. Their HIP products perform and the Voluminous mascara is a solid 8 out of 10. I do like their eyeliners and lipsticks and for a drugstore brand, it's fairly reliable and well-made. I expected that type of quality out of this primer. I was pleasantly surprised. Here's the cute jar. Glass jar with black plastic lid.



Ulta's website describes it thus: "Get the perfect skin texture, instantly and all day. The silky, lightweight formula glides onto skin and minimizes the look of pores and fine lines. Skin looks and feels smoothed and resurfaced. The result is a unified matte finish that's flawless. Suitable for all skin types. Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic."

Soft petal pink, with a whipped mousee-like texture, I smoothed it on with a beauty wedge and waited a bit for it to dry/settle. Did it prime? Take a look:

I know my face and this actually works. It smooths out fine lines (even around the eye area, be careful) and reduces shine and pores. I find this to be a super deal and not a gimmick. Coupons are still around offering 2 dollars off, so why not try?
Thankfully, it doesn't have a weird smell and I only used a very small amount to get the result. The jar is small if you're used to Smashbox's primer (in the hefty glass pump jar) but don't be disappointed. This is beyond drugstore quality. I've used it for a week or so and not a breakout in sight! Well worth 9 bucks and I'll buy again.

Photobucket

No comments: