Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fyrinnae Swatches: Misc. Shades

Gracious but I love Fyrinnae. I think they have the most complicatedly beautiful eyeshadows out there and honestly, the best samples (free shipping, adore!). I try not to go too overboard (I'm on a serious low buy this month...and next), but I have 10 more coming and I'll swatch those too. If you'd like here's their site: http://www.fyrinnae.com/ Although the front page says their shipping is like 3 weeks behind, I've never waited longer than 2. Well worth the wait, though, must say.

Here are the colours I recently purchased- in no certain order. The 'clump' on the left is Fyrinnae's colour shot, the swatch in the center is theirs, showing wet and dry application and the final swatch on the right is my own. I used Pixie Epoxy and foiled the shadow onto my skin. For some reason, I couldn't find Avenging Salem on the website, so my solitary swatch of that shade is after the comparison chart.

I really need to learn how to html photos to be automatically clickable into a larger image. If I leave it up to blogger to default, it's hit or miss. Let me know if you want me to email any files I have, should you like larger shots. FAVORITES of this group are:

Left to right: Rapunzel Had Extensions (fiery sunset apricot with bursts of yellow, orange, and gold), Dressed to Kill (muted olive green with sparkles of gold and copper rainbow), and the absolutely heaven sent Velvet Vampire (plumwine with crazy gorgeous fire of russet, gold, copper, and pink). These are stunners, seriously. Love them.

Here are the swatches of the 10 colours I purchased. The boys at Fyrinnae threw in Samhain Spirits as a freebie o' love. Thank you!

I didn't label this photo above and the shot was edited to really show how these look. For some reason (non fancy camera aside) sparkle blurs in photos. But I enhanced this one to show base shade. These are very true to life in colour. Look at Dressed to Kill- gorgeous!

Below are the samples ($2.00 each) that I received. They are massive. I hate to say it, but the samples are so large, I don't buy full sizes, ever. I might though of my favorites, because they are wonderful colours and I tend to sample out to clients too.

Another photo showing the colours in the jar. They are really spectacular and if you haven't ordered from Fyrinnae yet, you're crazy. They are divine.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to blog more! I've been wildly busy and now I'm slowing down, so I should be able to keep up a bit. Happy shopping!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Persephone said...

OOOh! Very nice swatches. Rapunzel had extensions was the very 1st color I ordered from Fyrinnae. I love it so much. They threw in a freebie of Fire Opal with that order. If you haven't tried Fire Opal yet, I highly recommend it! It's so amazing over the P.E!!! Velvet Vampire is on my wishlist as well.

TianneMarie said...

Hi Persephone- I love your profile pic. That's really cool. I have Fire Opal and I adore it. I loved their swatch of it too- it's so gorgeous. Oh get Velvet Vampire- it's really stunning!