Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 27, 2010

From Fug to Fab: Spice Up Your Passport Photo

Hi there,

Here are a couple photos from our Autumn drive a week ago. The leaves are changing here and Utah has a lot of dramatic rock formations, so I thought I would share. These below are called hoodoos- they look like squatty old men.

Nebo canyon vista...

Trailhead looking down onto the valley.

And from that wonderful beauty to me with no makeup-

I got new passport photos taken as my new married name needs to be put onto my documents. So here's how I got ready, from fug (no makeup) to fab (finished)!

Highlighter is Moon Beam from BeneFit

I did my foundation with Clinique anti-aging and Ben Nye colour cake in Bisque. I finished off with Erno Laszlo powder in Light. Eyeliner is Erno Laszlo in Onyx.

Blush is MAC Blushbaby on apples and Urban Decay Baked Bronzer for contouring. Eyeshadow is ELF's Teal Dream taupe and Aromaleigh Moon and Ebony. Mascara is Hard Candy Ginormous lash.

Brows is Smashbox's brow quad in medium and more mascara (Hard Candy) with the lipliner Spice by Smashbox, lipstick is Besame's Carmine, and lip gloss is MAC's digi-glass in Disco Blend.

And the vacuum, well....that thing and I are in an argument right now. I hate it and it hates me.


Me eyeball. Then I ran upstairs after I did my makeup and blow dried and straight ironed my hair. It makes ALL the difference. I have coarse curly hair, so this is a ton of work, but I'm grateful it can at least get managed.

Photo editing to look finished- but that's the end result. What's your day-to-day makeup? I like a bright lip, I think you look more polished. AND miracle of miracles (since I take 10 bad pictures and then get 1 good one, for real) I only had to take one quick shot to get my passport photos. It turned out just fine and I'm excited to get it back and GO! Paris/London here I come!

Here are my tips for a great passport photo:

1.  Do your hair in the way that people say, "Wow that looks good" even if it takes forever.
2.  Clean skin- this isn't the time for dewy highlighters, just look fresh
3.  Wear false eyelashes or at the least, a lot of mascara
4.  Pick a brighter than your usual lipstick
5.  Take a photo before you leave- make sure your blush shows up (photos wash you out), check if you like how you look.

When you're done and posing for your photo, lift up your chin a bit and look happy- you're going somewhere, right?  Have fun!

Have a great day,
T

2 comments:

MartianDelights said...

what a change ! I think that's what happened to me today, in the other way... I went to work with no makeup, and I was feeling a bit poorly, so I had eyebags and all that...
One of my colleagues spent ages staring at me... after a few minutes he came to me and said "been wondering what's different today"... lol - like he hadn't noticed I came with my "plain me" today !

Janette-The Goddess of Beauty said...

I love your pic...Johnny Boy has now got it and is using it for your ID pic on his phone. You are too funny, I can't count how many times I have seen the no make-up face....such a dork! But we love you!