Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

ELF Punk Funk



Hi there,

After I took a shower and washed my hair a million times to get the powder out (every time I'd move a cloud of powder would follow me. I was like Pigpen from Charlie Brown). I had to wash it out to keep from sneezing and having a thin film of powder all over everything. How did Marie Antoinette do it day after day?

Just for the heck of it this afternoon, I decided to do a bright look. I'm wearing green cutoff sweats and a white t-shirt, so I thought I'd go hog wild with some colour on my face and pretend I'm glamorous while I fold laundry. Yeehaa!

I called it Pink & Purple and I based it around ELF's 'Punk Funk' eyeshadow quad. It's super expensive at a whopping whole dollar....but surprisingly- it's good stuff! Purchase here: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/ The quad comes with Flaming Hooker Pink, Flaming Hooker Purple, Flaming Hooker Blue, and White.



Above is what I used. Nothing too expensive here. Pretty much a look on a dime. Here's the eyes and such below.

Step by Step:

Ben Nye Cameo Visage powder over face (skipped foundation) with Chanel kabuki.
Aromaleigh Rocks! Rouge in Candy-O lightly on apples of cheeks with Estee Lauder blush brush.
Use fingertip to apply Aromaleigh eye and lip primer on whole eyelid.
Pink eyeshadow from Punk Funk on lid and crease with ELF shader brush (for all eyeshadow, I used this brush, I was lazy)
Purple eyeshadow from same on middle of lid and outer V and half of crease.
Blue from quad on outer rim of the purple and blended. Same order of Blue, Purple, and Pink from outer edge to inner eye on the lower lashline.
White eyeshadow to blend on browbone, inner eye, and below the lashline.
NYC Jet Black liquid liner on upper lashline, thinly- no real wing action here today- so just to outer portion of eye.
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara on top and bottom. More on top :)
Line lips in ELF Natural Blush liner.
Fill lips with ELF Seductive lipstick.
Top with Milani Tres Pink gloss.
Decide that it's too 8th grade frosted pink, so put more lipstick on top.


I think it's kinda Barbie looking and I dig it. Now I'm going to make dinner with my arms bent at 45 degree angles and walk around on my tip toes and not blink. Stepford wife, yes!

Have a great day girls :),
T


No comments: