Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Spell Cosmetics: Jewel Thief collection

Spell Cosmetics is another indie company that sells really lovely makeup and always, always, always has great sales. Elle, the creator has various collections, lipsticks, and even offers custom colour development. http://www.spellcosmetics.com/


I have the Jewel Thief Collection. 8 rich, high intensity shades that remind me of jewel tones and medieval silks, and they are very smooth to apply. Because they payoff so richly, I don't even use a primer with these. Nice! I did a look with this collection a bit ago, click HERE. Swatches below show how beautiful and vibrant these shades are. They are like jewels, aren't they?


The first photo is with flash, indoors. The second is natural light. It's raining like mad here with loads of lightning, so no makeup looks with the less than stellar lighting in the house, but I thought I'd do some swatches.

Treasure reminds me of Pyrite or "Fool's Gold" (I'm humming the Stone Roses song with that title now). The semi-precious stone/mineral is below. It's got a great reflective quality that is really well simulated in Treasure.

It's a lovely pewter with sparks of silver and deep platinum. How Elle captured such a gemstone effect is beyond me. Bauble is also very intriguing. It has a deep plum base with specks of fuschia and royal purple. Triple Strand is the trickiest. It applies as a white/grey base and then morphs into a pinkish lavender, like a pearl. Well done, Spell!

The whole collection is 31% off right now! Click on over and see! You'll love these shadows and each comes in a 5g sealed jar. Also free with purchase is their new lip balm. I haven't tried it yet, but I want to! Happy shopping!

Photobucket

6 comments:

MartianDelights said...

WOW - treasure looks gorgeous !

TianneMarie said...

Oh it's so pretty! Wait till it goes on sale for $19.99 for the set and then pick it up. Total steal!

MartianDelights said...

I'd love to, but I think I will wait see if my first order eventually turns up :(

MartianDelights said...

:) apparently I won't need to wait much longer for it ! :)

TianneMarie said...

Sorry you're having shipping delays. It took a couple of weeks for my order to come, but once it did, I was super happy. I don't remember waiting for it per se, so I know Ellen is prompt. Let me know when your order comes, I'd like to hear what you think!

MartianDelights said...

Believe me I am really looking forward to getting them too ! I ordered the hologlow eyeshadows, just because they seem so shimmery and I could do with more highlighting colours :)
Have you tried them?
I'm doing a meow order, it's the last day before the end of the Friday 13th range and I want them all !