Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Makeup King 120 palette Rainbow Eyes

First off, I apologize for the quality of these photos. They're from my phone as I needed to get batteries for my camera *forehead slap*. So if they're wonky, I had to resize them and it didn't turn out so hot.

I used the Makeup King 120 palette for these rainbow eyes. I know I've been doing a lot of swatches and bright stuff and I think I'm in a neutral zone right now and might start doing some more neutral stuff. Lots of brown and beige and nude lips....maybe. Or I might find my box of wigs and go wild- who knows!


I used teal on the lid and blended royal blue on the outer V and crease. Above the royal blue I added bright purple in the crease and outer V. Above the outer V I used orange and on the browbone yellow and then blended white from under the brow to the arch of the brow. No liner and black mascara. I really wanted to 'test' out the pigmentation since I hadn't used my 120 in so long, I literally forgot how it worked. I think it turned out really bright. No flash on my phone and it's pretty vivid.





The highlight of this look for me was when my husband and I were getting take out for dinner and the girl at the restaurant said, "Oh wow, your eye makeup is really cool!" That made my day. Yep, I went out like this. In a polo t (we're redoing furniture, so my outfit was mega lame and I'm chubby so yeah) navy golf shorts, and black sandals. Navy AND black! GAH! So having wild makeup was the most 'me' of the whole ordeal. Do you ever do that? Totally wear something heinous and then figure, well, might as well have cool makeup? Or perhaps, that's just me.....*crickets and silence* I hope not!

P.S. Aromaleigh is closing in just a few hours. She plans to have Sept. 9th be a reopen to really clear out the last of it, but AL won't be up again for ordering....end of an era, folks. I'm so sad. Goodbye Aromaleigh, I love ya!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Heather / Eyeconic said...

This is so beautiful <3 I LOVE how you did so many colors in the outer v! Very creative :)

MartianDelights said...

lol - the real rainbows look pale in comparison to your eyes :) x

TianneMarie said...

Hi girls! Thank you! I wanted this to be super bright and wouldn't that be cool if we could mimic the fade of a rainbow with makeup? It would be hard to do, but pretty. I was bummed my camera was dead, but at least the pigment still showed! :)

Artemis said...

I do the same thing as you do!
- Going out with a lame outfit and cool makeup.

That's mainly because I put on clothes first and then I am planning to do a neutral make up, but I have too much fun with colors and glitter and whatever. Then when I go out I have forgotten about what my face looks like.
Oh well, it's fun.