Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, August 13, 2010

MAC Neutral Smokey Eye

I like having a neutral set of colours I can use for a smokey eye that suits during the daytime. I don't want it to be too dark, but with my fair skin I have to be careful. Lucky girls like the Kardashian sisters with their olive skin can get away with this anytime. For me, I tend to look 'overdone' if I use my makeup this way on a daily basis. Here's what I came up with:

Soft, smokey eye with natural flushed lips and cheeks. For the eyes I used MAC: Gesso, Smut, Trax, and Copperplate. On my cheeks I used MAC Blushbaby and on my lips, MAC Digiglass in Disco Blend.

On my face I used Aromaleigh Voile 1c and mixed Ben Nye Colour Cake foundation in Bisque. Eyeliner is NYC liquid liner in Jet Black, mascara is CoverGirl Lash Blast in Black (waterproof).

I rimmed my eyes in Smut and then blended the liquid liner with Smut on the outer lashline and baby wing. I then used Smut in the crease and blended that along the lid with Copperplate. To blend the crease and the inner eye I used Trax. On the browbone, I used Gesso to blend with the Trax and Smut. The goal was to rim the eye with a haze of brown and blend it really well.

Above and below are indoors with flash.

I'll do a review on the Digiglass lipglass from MAC. It's a limited edition in a great hexagonal tube. I picked up Disco Blend but seriously looked at the others. I do love MAC for its dependability and reputation. Are you a MAC girl, too?

Photobucket

2 comments:

Thia Winter said...

Yep I'm a MAC girl! I have some AWESOME neutrals that work for that kind of look. I also notice that MAC Fleshpot is on your wish list....GREAT color and one I reach for very very often. Love this look! I'm going to my MAC counter tomorrow, I'll check out the digiglasses for sure.

TianneMarie said...

Hi Thia! I need to get Fleshpot for sure. It's on my list. Any others you like? How did you like the digi's?