Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Island Girl

I wanted a tropical theme and was inspired by the colours of the Verbena daisy I had. I think it's Verbena...anyhoo. Eyes are from the Makeup King 120 palette, AL, and cheeks are Aromaleigh Rocks! SundayGirl with lips Milani Go Go Gold lipstick and MAC Disco Blend digiglass gloss. I forewent the eyeliner and chose Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara.

I used a variety of greens and black for the stem and leaves of the flower at the corner of my eye. Then I used pinks, oranges, and yellows for the petals. I blended the Orange and yellow into the leaves and concentrated on a green/yellow theme for the lid. I used Fig Opulent Lustre from Aromaleigh across the lid. I blended the Makeup King 120 greens and blacks to the outer V to meet the orange and yellow and the flower.
Here's the basic eye that's a mixture of the greens and yellows. Below you can really see the tangerine effect of the Disco Blend Digiglass. I like the use a lot but I'm not sure if I'll look into more of the digiglasses. They're bigger than the usual MAC lipglass, so it's a better deal at the same price. But you have to like glitter, because these are packed full of it.

Oh and if you're looking for a great deal on eyeshadow, ELF has a fab sale on! Enter EGEYEFREE for 10 free (yes 10) 4 colour palettes of your choice with a $20 order. Also Hi-Fi Cosmetics is temporarily closed until Sept. 15 and if you don't follow MorganaMinerals, EvilShades, HiFi Cosmetics, Hi-Voltage Cosmetics, and Aromaleigh on Twitter- you'll miss out on a ton of sales! They'll offer anywhere from free shipping, bogo, or 25% off. So follow and save!

-+Photobucket

4 comments:

MartianDelights said...

This look is really pretty ! And the island girl look definitely suits you :) x

Heather / Eyeconic said...

This is so creative and cute :)

孟謝謝謝凱謝謝謝謝 said...

Subtlety is better than force. ......................................................................

TianneMarie said...

Hi MD and Heahter! Thank you! I wanted to use my MAC digiglass and the green seemed to fit.