Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cargo Wet/Dry Eyelining palette, swatches

I've had this wet dry liner palette from Cargo for a while and I tend to use pencils (love me Urban Decay 24/7 liners) so it's sat in my kit unloved. It is a slim, silver plastic case with 8 dry colours intended to be swept with water (or sealant) for a great line. They were advertised as also being shadows, but they're a bit coarse, so I'd stick to liners for these. Here's some swatches:

From left to right: Charcoal with silver flecks of glitter, Deep green based navy, Soot/Ash brown grey (looks black in pan), Vibrant purple based blue in the pan, but muted royal blue on the skin, Basic cocoa brown, Periwinkle purple, *my fave* rich deep black hued silver, and lastly, espresso brown.

Sephora has this at a SWEET price of only $8 (all of their Cargo line is deeply discounted and free ship over $50). This is a huge sale as it was originally priced at $32. It makes you wonder how much this stuff is really worth if they can have it at $32 bucks and then drop it to $8. I hate being overcharged and I sense that a lot of makeup is super pricey for brand sake only. Ahem, MAC! (with a pro discount at MAC you get 40% off, if you work for them, 60% off). As much as I do love MAC, I don't like how expensive they are. L to the A-M-E. That was for my 13 year old, that last part :)

Okay, do you like cake or wet/dry liners? Or do you prefer pencils? I'd like to know!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Robyn said...

That looks great! I like cake and pencil liners, it depends. I might check it out if the shipping isn't extortionate actually...