Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Silk Naturals: Swatches and Review



Okie doke, last set of swatches for tonight. My eyes are about to fall out of my head and I'm overblinking.

This was a quick haul I got from Silk Naturals http://www.silknaturals.com/. Another mineral makeup company online. This one I found via Phyrra after her positive reviews.

They offer a points system where your purchases accrue points that will give you a certain monetary value towards products. My small order of 3 eyeshadows and 2 blush samples gave me around .50 cents US of free product. I didn't get any free samples but they tcompensate with great sales. Right now they're offering a free shadow (3 gram in jar) named Someday, with purchase of at least $10. I tried to locate the shade on the site and couldn't. Huh.
They're also offering one free full size shadow with any order over $30. Not bad!

They don't seem to offer eyeshadow samples, but a 5 gr jar is $4.00 US and they have lots of MAC, Nars, and Bobbi Brown dupes.

Blushes/Bronzers/Finishers you can sample in a jar for around $1.25. Not bad!

They have a lot to choose from and I found their swatches to match pretty close. Although my sample of their Carnal blush looks lavender but swipes on muted peachy mauve...meh, no biggie!



Take a look at the picture of Carnal in the jar...kinda purple, right? But they say it's a dupe for Nars' Sin which is the powdery shade below to the left.

My swatch of Carnal is the big block on the center right (next to the Nars shade) and well...it's nearly the same as Sin but doesn't look a bit like the purple powder in the jar. I guess it doesn't matter what it looks like....but it can be confusing.


Here are my swatches of the 3 shadows I purchased: Cruise (a powdery baby blue), Radiant (gleaming beige), and Intergalactic (supposedly this hue changing lavender). I also have one blush, Carnal (Nars Sin dupe) and one glow, Crystal (glowing peachy pink).


Indoor light, no flash.
Indoor light, with flash.


Overall, I like them, but they don't offer anything I'd call AMAZING...it's pretty standard for Indie minerals. BUT if you're looking for a cheaper dupe of a brand name item, this might be the way to go.


Have you tried Silk Naturals?
Photobucket

1 comment:

TianneMarie said...

EDIT to samples by Silk Naturals! They DO offer samples but be warned, they are like 1/4 the baggie size of say, Meow, Aromaleigh, Morgana, etc...so if you get eeeensy bags, it's how they come.