Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Morgana Minerals: Swatches, Azalea Blue lippie, and Mysterious Veil

I have a small haul from Morgana Minerals I wanted to swatch. I tried to get actual swatches from Morgana's site, but she's busy filling orders from her massive 50, so her store is closed for a bit. I'll edit this post in the future to do a comparison chart.

Fave of the haul: Berries glitter- it's such a massive sample for well, a sample! Seriously huge! So if you're jonesing for some cosmetic glitter, give Morgana a try.

Here's my swatches:

Here they are! Above was taken indoors, natural light, without a flash. I totally meant to take a shot outdoors in full sun and washed it off like a ding dong. I forgot. But the texture and sparkle value is the same as Aromaleigh...so you know these pop in the sun! I loved how deeply red Bloody Mary is and Petroleum Green is a rich deep teal.

I was really happily surprised with the texture of the lipstick, Azalea Blue. It completely reminds me of NYC's Blue Rose. I LOVE that colour! I've had a small freak out when I couldn't find it at any drugstore within a 30 mile radius of my home. So to find a great dupe with Morgana is a gem. The glitter on the lippie is fallout from the Berries glitter- the lipstick itself is creamy and smooooooth, not a bit of glitter in it.


So remember how I said I found a great dupe for Aromaleigh's Metamorphosis powder?! It's Morgana Minerals' Morgana's Mysterious Veil. No mystery about it- the greenish hue will tone done redness and give you a softer, prettier face. Plus it's affordable. My sample was around $1.00-$1.50 per sample. I don't have the actual price to check since MM's site is down...but it's not expensive at all. The sample is generous and you could easily repot in a 10 g jar and get a lot of use out of it.


Do you like Morgana's Minerals? I've found them to be easy to order from, the owner is really friendly, and the customer service is top notch. Thanks Morgana!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Makeup Zombie said...

I NEED Azalea Blue like no one's business. Great swatches!! I really like the new layout for the blog too. :)

TianneMarie said...

Hi Zombie! :) Oh man it's a GREAT colour! Thanks for the love on the layout- I like it better too. I'm loving the vibe at your blog- it's entertaining and you come off very approachable. I swear the next lippie from Morgana, Shrieking Violet is so going to be mine. It's speaking to me.