Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

LOTD: Violet Fire Eyes

My 3 kids (ages 13, 9, and 7) are stressing me out (begging to play video games, arguing, wanting to go to the marina, whining over food, complaining about chores and being bossy) and I'm starting to feel like a hotel concierge with no pay. So in lieu of running away- I did today's LOTD instead of dishes. I based it on a Macaw parrot, with some purple thrown in for the heck of it, because these parrots live in tropical places and well, in my alternate reality I'm on a beach sipping a smoothie with NO KIDS.
P.S. I actually love my children a lot but I find summer vacation turns into the exhausting Mom Must Entertain Everyone 24/7 mode and as it's halfway into the break, well....I'm needing a vacation from vacation. Here's the look:Eye detail- I used all NYX loose pearl shadows for this. Colours listed above. Lashes are Wan Lan in Red Long.


Lips- Lola Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Foxy Mauve (bright, vibrant purpley maroon) with BeneFit The Gloss in Curfew (looks chiffon yellow with rainbow sparkles in tube) applies sheer and glittery.


Cheeks- Aromaleigh Rocks! Rouge in SundayGirl


Face- Maybelline Mineral Powder powder in Ivory (no foundation)






Lip detail:


Lips, outside, full sun.



Eyeball at weird up-nose angle (be grateful I edited that, I looked like Miss Piggy) in full sun, outdoors.

Eyes outdoors, full sun. You can see the pearly texture and I love the reflection off the lashes. It's so cool.



Alright now I have to go apologize to my kids for Banshee screeching at them to all go away so I can use the computer (interruption #35 in 10 minutes caused the upset) and try to keep them happy so I'm happy and hence husband is then happy. Oh, boy...
Photobucket

7 comments:

T, the Bee said...

This look is so much fun!!! Keep up the AWESOME looks! I can't wait to see what's next! ^_^

Heather / Eyeconic said...

This is SO AMAZING! I love the beautiful colors, and the eyelashes just take it to another level. This is awesome, your looks are really inspiring.

TianneMarie said...

T, the Bee- thank you! This was really bright and it was fun to put together.

Heather- Thanks a bunch!! Those eyelashes were really light and I got them via Ebay in a lot of like 20 for 8 bucks. A steal!

Thanks guys. I'm trying to do brighter more interesting looks compared to blah stuff. I appreciate you saying hello!

MartianDelights said...

Love it - it's really bright and colourful - perfect for cheering up !

TianneMarie said...

Thanks Martian! I checked out your store and I think it looks so cool. I am impressed!

MartianDelights said...

Thanks Tianne, to be honest the website needs and asks for a lot of time and work, and I just waste sooo much time reading/writing blog posts that I have neglected it quite a lot recently !
Feeling a bit of a hypocrit as well, because I don't really buy what I sell. Since discovering Aromaleigh I have made a pledge to replace my stash of makeup with animal-friendly products, so here goes all my l'oreal maybelline and other goods. The stuff sells on its own really but I started my blog to post about the stock I sell on the website, but since discovering the fabulous world of indie cosmetics I have a lot of trouble getting enthusiastic about the somewhat boring high-street stuff...
Got to refocus somehow...

TianneMarie said...

OH I hear ya. It seems like blogging about beauty products could be a full on job. I like switching to mineral too- I hardly go drugstoring anymore. Just know I check up and see what you're doing and appreciate all of your sweet posts.

What companies have you tried and liked? I'm forcing myself to branch out from AL- not liking it tho. Nothing truly compares.