Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

International Makeup: Coffret D'Or in Japan

I'm always curious about cosmetics offered around the world. I don't know if a lot of you makeup addicts and gurus out there do this, but I spent some time each day researching what's new and where. I don't like to blow the budget on one item (ahem, MAC and Guerlain). Instead, I prefer to find a good deal on Ebay (type in makeup and opt of ending soonest- see what you find!).

I was looking at different parts of the world and what sort of cosmetics they offer. I know what's in the US market from drugstore brands like Cover Girl, L'Oreal, Maybelline, Revlon to department store like Estee Lauder, Clinique, and MAC. I know these are big elsewhere too. But what about makeup you can only really find in say, Japan? We Americans love Shisheido...but what if I were to shop in Japan?

Here's what I found! OH! Before I get into my thoughts, if anyone is familiar with makeup only in your country, could you email me? I'd love to hear more about it and what your thoughts are. Also, if you want a certain brand not available to you locally. Thank you!

Like I was saying, makeup in Japan: There's a mega-supplier called Kanebo that offers several cosmetics lines from quite pricey to rather affordable. I read some reviews on Makeup Alley and Kate was a line similar to Avon in the US (but not direct sell like Avon) and Coffret D'Or was top of the line, like Dior.

I fell in love with Coffret D'Or. Right when you get to their site, you have a lot to look at. Unfortunately, you can't buy it from their website. I found it on Amazon or Ebay. Get ready to plunk down some cash. Eyeshadows are around $20 US and foundations around $40. But I am so seriously tempted....I was fascinated with how beautiful the models were. Is she not the most alluring thing ever? If the makeup is soft and glowy like that- then sign me up! Okay, so I know the photo is edited, but still. Wow.


I would love to try some of the things I saw. First off, a gorgeous foundation case that would be beautiful to have. (hint: on Ebay for $19.00- only listing, otherwise, pay $40 something on Amazon). Look at the jewels. Le sigh.Coffret D'Or has two sections, Point makeup (colour items) and Base makeup (face/foundation). They offer colour charts, application tips and the BEST nail thing I've ever seen. Martian Delights- you're a nail girl, could you try this technique?! It's a light/med/dark glitter nail that I would absolutely tank at, but would love to se.




They also offer this covetous bottle of face primer that comes with UV protection. They have a brief tutorial on how to apply (which I thought was cool). Frankly, I'd buy this for the bottle alone.


Is anyone familiar with this brand? The reviews say it's a 4.5 out of 5 stars. I am really interested in their Jewelicious palettes. I've read the colours are soft and pearly and blend really well. If you've got some time and are interested, I recommend clicking on the 'Technique' section of Coffret D'Or's site- it's informative and the tutorials are thorough.

If I come across any of this for a deal, I'll let you know!

*EDIT* In more reading, I found a great review of the shadows from BeatyMoogle (http://www.beautymoogle.blogspot.com/). She ordered hers from Imomoko. So, if you want to order anything and experience your own makeup from Japan, click HERE!

Enjoy the video (not in English) showing the Jewelicious Eyes. How fun is this?!
Photobucket

No comments: