Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bete Noire Glitters Swatches, Aromaleigh


Here are the Bete Noire glitters!! Gorgeous!

These are pretty cheap and with the finale Adieu35 code at Aromaleigh giving 35% off...if you pass these up, you'll be sad. At least get the samples.

Word to the wise though, you'll need a primer to 'set' these or you'll have a bunch of fallout and only some blurred base colour.


For my swatches I used Almay's Pure Concealer in Ivory and it was a little messy. As you keep reading you'll see that I wished I'd used something else that worked great with the final two swatches. But I wanted to get these done.


Below, Glitters in normal light, no flash, indoors.

I overexposed this shot a bit so you can see the undertones of these glitters. Sometimes the sparkle gets in the way (sacrilege, I know!) But here you can see how Aphrodite has a bit of a flesh toned base, Carmilla a pink, and Cleo and Scylla a little bit of copper. Eve is my favorite of this group. It's like a rainbow in a jar.

Here are some daylight shots below, in full sunlight. Glitter tends to blur in direct light and my camera isn't top notch, so you can see the fire, but I wish I could capture just how brilliant and defined these glitters are. Delilah reminds me of a mermaid's tail.

Carmilla is a deep burgundy with crimson and fuschia in it...it comes off deep pink, but it's got a great red undertone that is lovely.

Here's a closer shot of two I thought were really beautiful and didn't get the justice done in the other photos. Mata Hari and Scylla.

And then I realized I didn't have the full set swatched. I was going by my sample bags thinking I had the full set. Then when I checked the Aromaleigh colours...whooops! I forgot Morgaine and Salome. I have these glitters all in full size, so I ran upstairs to my kit and did the only swatches of Morgaine and Salome...sorry!
These two I used ELF's studio primer and their dome shadow brush, which I think gave cleaner results. I should've done all of them this way, but I didn't want to redo them. Here go!
In regular daylight, no flash, indoors.

Thanks for looking and happy glittery shopping!

No comments: