Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lost in Faerie: Liriope Elodie Emerenta Orlinda LOTD


Hi there!

I wanted something ethereal for this look and if I had one wish for a faerie to grant it would be that my camera wouldn't mute the colours. This was really dramatic and then poof- in the photos, all cutesy. Gar! But the beauty of the shades still shows, thank goodness.



It looked a lot like the above shot in real life. So dreamy and soft and glimmery. If faeries were real, their wings would look like this.




On my face I used Ben Nye color cake in Bisque with Aromaleigh Voile 1c on top. For my cheeks I used Smashbox's Soft Lights quad in Luminary. I used the same as a highlighter on my brow.

On my lips I used NYC's (a very high performance brand that's CHEAP, hooray!) lip colour in Opal. It's a white tube essentially that is a bit oily/creamy but is super pearly and rainbow hued in the light. Prismatic shade, I like it a lot. I lined my lips with Maybelline Express lipstick n' liner in one pencil in Mauve On. I blended the two for a pearly pink mouth.

Mascara is Maybelline Great Lash in the Big Brush version. I'm waiting for this to dry out so I can replace it with Lancome's Hypnose. Lancome mascara is always primo, so I am done with drugstore mascara. It's just not the same.

I used a flowery headband thing to evoke a faerie look that I'm sure my husband will get a small chuckle out of. He thinks it's funny I dress up and then likes it at the same time. I should wear this while I make dinner.

Emerenta is my fave shadow out of the Lost in Faerie group- be sure to grab it before it goes and definitely before Aromaleigh goes bye bye for good!

Have a great day,
T







7 comments:

Betty Ray said...

I think you got the look you were going for. So pretty. I LOVE Elodie and how you used it here.

幸齊幸齊 said...

上班好累哦,看看部落格轉換心情~~~先謝謝啦!!.................................................................                           

TianneMarie said...

Hi Betty! Thanks for stopping by! I loved Elodie- I didn't expect to, since I don't lean towards green, but it really is a beautiful shade.

TianneMarie said...

LOL those spammy looking square comments. I can't tell if it's a bad translation, a Nigerian investment offer, or if R2D2 is leaving me comments.

BLIX said...

Very gorgeous and faerie-like. I'm still sad about Aromaleigh. I feel like there's not enough time to order samples and then figure out which full sizes I want... :-(

MartianDelights said...

Awww... it's lovely... it's like real life fairy... and there I was totally uninspired looking at my samples, I hope I 'll manage to make them work the way you do.

I think you should try and do a dark faerie look for Makeup Zombie :)

Thanks by the way for having look at my blog and commenting xx

Cacau said...

Stunning look! :)
So beautiful and delicate!