Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, June 21, 2010

LOTD: Desire's Lupine Heartleaf

Hi there!

For this Look of the Day (LOTD) I used all Aromaleigh. I chose my last three samples I received and decided to put a look together. Let me know what you think!

(Sorry the swatches are blurry- I was having resizing issues, blah)


Primer: BeneFit Ooh La La

On the inner portion of the eye and most of the lid itself, I used Heartleaf from the Spring Solstice collection (NOW on sale, half off, hooray! Check out my post before this one). On the AL swatches it's a green yellow with gold flecks. It's described on AL's site as "the freshness of budding leaves with sparkles of violet". To be honest, it's really just a glimmering gold. I wanted more green like the swatch- but it's lovely. Oddly enough, the photos picked up the green, but I swear it looks gold- wild!


 
On the outer V and lower lashline I used Lupine (also from Spring Solstice collection) and a bit of black (Pure Eyes Matte in Ebony, from AL) for more density. On AL's site Lupine is described as "Shimmering mid-tone smokey blue violet". This is a cornflower blue with a lavender tone to it. Really soft and pretty. Perfect for a smoky eye.


Center of the eye and upper portion of eyelid, I used Desire. This shade is from the Pure Eyes Frost- yep on sale too!. On the AL site, Desire is described as " I use Desire on every feature (shhh!-including my lips) and it applies smoothly and looks gorgeous on my cocoa skin. The color can be subtle or striking depending on the application and I love wearing it. It's a gorgeous cranberry shade with a deep plum undertone. Blends nicely and stays consistent. I like this one a lot.


On my lips I used Jordana's lip liner in Nude and MAC Lipglass in Florabundance on top with a bit of Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush lipgloss in Fuzzy Navel. I love a glossy nude lip with more competing shadow- it keeps it balanced.



On my cheeks I used Besame's blush in Raspberry. Besame is a relatively underground brand for pinups- but it's a gorgeous line! Check it out! http://www.besamecosmetics.com/
I love how this turned out. It's soft, almost Spring-like and perfect for a solstice-type day and enjoying the summer sun!

Happy shopping at Aromaleigh's 50% sale, girls!

Have a great day!
T

2 comments:

liloo said...

sunny and pretty look, love it ;)
xoxo

TianneMarie said...

Thanks Liloo! I loved these colours together. It went pretty well for being a random sample pick.