Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

LOTD: Bene Gesserit (Nerd Alert) or Dune Makeup

Hi there,

Alright, I'm going to risk being made fun of to high heaven by busting out a little sci-fi makeup action. I am reading Dune right now and have been a bit fascinated by the Bene Gesserit. They're this predominantly female race with extreme abilities of observation, calming, and alertness. They're trained for years to conquer fear, fight by their wits, and survive by their intuition and heritage. They're lethal, beautiful, and respected and well, alien. I like it!

Here's a movie still from the way cool flick with Sting in it. I think. I was like 6 when it came out and this is from Google, so eh. Could be from the Sci Fi channel- who knows!

Anyhoo, I thought it was cool and decided to conjure up my version of what this alien woman would look like. Here's an artist's rendering. I think they're supposed to be this weather exposed shaman mixed with Cher or Keith Richards (based on this painting)...

Here's my take with some photo-editing. I don't know what I was doing. I think I meant to do a normal LOTD and then all of a sudden I lost my focus and out came this attempt. Then trying to piece it with something, I took on the Dune character idea and well, here it is:

Feel free to let me know what you think? Have you tried to create something and have it turn into a completely different idea? I am about halfway done with the book and I hope by the end I feel more confident I've got the characters figured out. Let's hope, right?

Have a great day,
T

No comments: