Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Aging Makeup: When Sixty is Sexy

I busted out the latex and my Ben Nye bruise wheel to try out an aging look for a film coming up in April. I'm not used to latex, I would rather use stipple- but this turned out pretty decent. It's weird to walk out of your bathroom and see your kids scream, "You look like a grandma!" I'm glad it worked!


The only downside is that the latex tends to peel a bit, even if you layer it finely, so I look like I have psoriasis on top of some major wrinkles. I think it adds to the effect. I'm concerned how it will turn out on HD film...but I'll keep at it.

Liver spots are lovely and I love the granny lipstick and yes, my pearls.

So that's MY look of the day- complete with green granny eyeshadow and bad eyeliner. I look like I've had too many mimosas at bingo.
Would you try aging makeup? Would YOU post it on the internet? Do share!

Photobucket


4 comments:

Janet/ Easy, Peasy, Breezy, me said...

You are so talented! I really like this - very original!

TianneMarie said...

Janet thank you! I appreciate that as I put so much heart into it.

liloo said...

damnnn this is great I love SFX

TianneMarie said...

Liloo thank you! This was a lot of fun. We did the film and I heard it's going to Cannes- I'm stoked! It's a short about a man suffering from cancer. I had to take him from just after diagnosis to the end. It was moving and very, very cool.