Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mermaid Makeup

I took a few dark blues, aqua, lime green, and gold- with a bit of salmon and created a look that my daughter says, "Looks like a fish!" I agree!

I've often wondered if mermaids were to be a real creature- would they really have pale skin and long hair like Ariel? Or would they be more fish-like, as the painting below suggests? I think they'd be a bit of both. I mean, they do live underwater...they'd prune out if they had 'regular' skin. Where'd the mystique go if these girls were all wrinkly?! So I decided to freedraw with Mehron body paint (green) the basic outline and with a few more shadows, fill in and improvise what my vision of a 'mermaid' would be. Hope you like it!

The above (last) photo was taken with a flash and you can see the settle of gold dust on my face. Sing it with me, (a la Stevie) "Rock on gold dust woman!"

This was a lot of fun and took about 45 min. start to finish. It freaked out my kids and my husband was like, "Oh! Okay!" and then wanted me to wander around with it...but this much makeup tends to itch, so off it went.

Happy mermaid makeup to you!

Until next time,

Tianne Marie

No comments: