Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Fyrinnae Lip Lustres- This post is a big'un! Lotsa swatches and lip prints too!

Opening shot of Oskar, cat extraordinaire, who is currently dreaming of salmon a la mow mow on my couch. He's a funny guy and he makes a random appearance now and again.

BUT...

On to the lippies! These babies are only $2.50 each and are very, very user friendly- so they won't dry up and run out in 2 weeks. I would rather pay this small amount for a 3 month lasting custom lippie than 6 bucks for a Revlon BLAH mass market p.o.c (piece o' cr...you get the drift).

Above, indoors with flash. Below, indoors with sunset lighting through a window. Que romantique! There are quite a few and I tried to draw little hearts so you can see each shade on skin, to get a good idea of colour transfer.
I gots me this bunch of minis from Fyrinnae (http://www.fyrinnae.com/) and like I wrote before about Diabolic Masquerade, they really are unique in the lip colour world. They are deceptive little cuties. They appear to be a lip gloss with a doe foot applicator. BUT they apply smooth, like liquid lipstick and then they dry, but don't dry your lips. Capiche?

They range from a very sheer (read opaque) formula to thick and yes, sadly, sometimes runny (my Diabolic Masquerade tended to bleed a little, so apply thin and layer to avoid that issue). Some were solid and rich, like Visual Kei or Kitty Ears.

My unusual fave was Ghostly Voice. It's a pewter silver shade with flecks of violet and aqua. It almost has a blue tone to it. Oh, I lurves it! I've already picked out a marriage license. It'll be me, the husband, and my tube of Ghostly Voice.
In my obsessive compulsive way, I did a lip print on white paper and these are dulled down a little due to the lighting and my crapola camera. Okay so it's a decent camera and I just don't know how to fix the settings. Easier to call it crap. SO- here's the lippies. If you get bored halfway through, that's okay, just scroll down. I'm serving chips & salsa after the post...
Here we have the purples/greys:
Aaand, Bounce, which somehow did not make it into the group tube shot. Probably in the bathroom and missed last call:

Next up the berries/reds/pinks & evil red black:

Next the neutrals/browns/peaches/nudes:

So there's the Fyrinnae haul! I think these are very wearable. You might need to powder over a sheer base coat and layer to get a true lipstick, but I love how unique the formula is and YES, the price!

Head on over, tell them Tianne sent ya!

Until next time,
Tianne Marie

2 comments:

Phyrra said...

So cute!

Thia Winter said...

Hi Tianne, I'm glad you like them! I LOVE my lip lustres....I usually just bite the bullet and get a f/s though. :D