Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

FOTD: Mardi Gras!

Oh goodness but I love a good excuse to put on crazy makeup and answer the door or visit the neighbors. This one is guaranteed to either A. Get you arrested at Vons for looking like a flamboyant weirdo or B. Cause rumours- the good ones!Have yourself a Mardi Gras gander:


I love how YouTube stops the playback right when I look like a Nutcracker chortling away...oh, bother.

As for the makeup- What'd I use? Of course, of course, Aromaleigh. It's the best I've used and it performs 100% everytime.
Here's the skinny on how I did this FOTD-
Above are swatches of the shadows. Moonset isn't a dark brown. As you'll see in the photo below, it's more of a subdued navy, with hints of silver. Lovely as a nighttime sky!
To achieve the swirl effect I used black liner and touched it up with the eyeshadow. I tried to affix little pearls, but as the 4th one fell off, I got grouchy and decided I didn't care if I had them on anyway. I still wish I'd put them on...but eh, I'm a brat.The lashes I found on Ebay last fall and I thought, oh yeah, 'Green!' So, I stuck them on!
On my lips I used one of my favorite colours, I mean, faaaaavorite, ever! NYC's lipstick in 'Blue Rose' I'm telling you I hunted high and low for this baby. I couldn't even find it on Ebay. Lo and behold, there it was at a lonely Rite-Aid. Now it lives with me. Wee!
I lined my lips with the colour, then took Estee Lauder's Crystal Gloss in FLASH to blend and give that slick patina.

Following that, I used an eyeliner brush and rimmed my lips in Aromaleigh's Elemental Lustre in Gleam. I wanted to copy that mask like smile, but have it be shiny and allow movement.

On my cheeks I did a bright swipe of Aromaleigh's Rocks! Rouge in Candy-O. It's better than my MAC Pink Swoon. I love it. It blends really well, considering it's shocking pink in the jar. I appreciate that- it's not a mess on your face. WELL okay, it's a HOT mess! To add some shimmer I layered Elemental Lustre shadow in Gleam (hey, it's a multi-use product) and Pure Hues in Moon...just for effect.
So, that's about it! If you are heading to Louisiana for Mardi Gras, then get your beads properly- no true makeup diva would belittle her gorgeous self for a string of plastic. Or, you can do it my way, which is to pick them off the inebriated people who've passed out. Well, I would...if I were going to Mardi Gras!

P.S. Did you find the baby in your Mardi Gras cake?!

Until next time,

Tianne Marie

4 comments:

MartianDelights said...

Wow it's really pretty ! I really love the swirly design !

TianneMarie said...

Thank you! I love the colours and I'm grateful you stopped by!

Amanda said...

The gold lip liner is by far my favorite part, it's perfect!

Melinda said...

Tianne,
I'm not into make-up at all, but I love looking at your photos. You are so talented. So much fun to see all your creations.