Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Purple Reign

Earlier I did a look based on pink. So I decided to give the sister colour- PURPLE a try! Take a look!
On my eyes, I used Lime Crime (have em so should use em!) in Empress, Pink Poodle, and Twilight. The black I used mascara by Maybelline and black liner and shadow in NYX and TKB Trading for the highlight. On the lid, I used Smashbox's Artificial Light in Prism. Below in the photo I showed where what colours went...say that 10 times fast!

The TKB "Planetary" collection is pretty cool. They're all white based micas but when you apply them over a shadow they change colour depending on how the light hits them. Travel to Venus I used as a highlighter and it tends to shimmer blue green in the light. Great for blending!

I also was glad to show the orange 'Alien Girl' esque effect the Prism leaves on your skin. It's meant for a primer, mixed with foundation- but it's so napalm scary it's a good liquid shadow or base...that's my story, anyway.

In the photo above, I describe that I used a bit of Twilight for blush (looks cadavery in real life, but worked for the photo) and used my Clinique Repairwear anti-aging foundation in Fair Neutral with a load of Erno Laszlo Duo-Phase powder in Ivory for a pale, colourless face. On my lips is clear ELF lip plumping (very minty and stingly) gloss and a touch of Jordana nude liner for some emphasis. I likee!

This would be a great dramatic look for evening to vamp up the old standby of a smokey eye. The key isn't to be dark but to find colours that shine next to each other. The purple/gold/orange combo is a great one. Layer it on lightly for the effect without the POW and you'll have it!

I'm going to go listen to some Prince now!
Until next time,
Tianne Marie


No comments: