Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Oh my Gosh (Cosmetics)!


Stumbled upon a great review for what seems to be a great and inexpensive waterproof liner! Welcome to Gosh Cosmetics!

A trusted makeup site (I found this via my talented and well-loved seester) http://www.makeupalley.com/, Makeup Alley- is a treasure trove of cosmetics information. Die-hard beauty addicts dish on their joys and disappointments in the overwhelming selections available worldwide for makeup. I found some glowing reviews of Gosh's waterproof Velvet Touch eyeliners. I have heard loads of reviews of Urban Decay's smooooth liners and of course Make Up For Ever's Aqua Eyes eyeliners, but I wanted to find a similar products without the hefty price tag. Most women aren't looking to have film-worthy makeup, they just want what works, but without the confusing 'pro' applications.


So hop on over to GOSH and look at their latest collection, Sugar Babe. I've found their marketing looks to be impressive and the reviews say the products hold up and they're under 11 bucks for eyeliners! Wow!

Their opening image, which was called "Cocktail Girl" is a futuristic dream girl with rainbow eyes and a face like Barbie, but better. I love it. Take a peek:

Best of all, they're cruelty free, offer flat rate shipping ($6.95, not bad, can be steep though with small orders) and over $35 you get a free fragrance. Huh! Sounds good to me!

I'm interested in looking at their Effect Powders. I think it's a new product they're promoting and beyond looking like loose pigments, I think they're meant for a shimmer, not a bright punch of colour . They are listed on the website as:

A small glass jar with an incredibly silky, iridescent powder in a variety of
colors.

GOSH EFFECT POWDER can be used as an eye shadow. This shiny
powder can give either a strong color effect or be faded out for a shivering
effect as a highlighter. Can also be mixed with other colors of eye shadows for
a dramatic effect.

INSIDER TIP: Apply a thin layer of GOSH WATERPROOF
& SHIMMERING EYE SHADOW underneath the effect powder for more intense color.

I think that means they're loose pigments, pretty much, but with a bit of shimmer and fade out, so they can be layered and aren't 'bright' unless layered on. Either way, I like the idea and wouldn't mind trying some. In the meantime, the eyeliner is on my list!

I've never heard of this brand before Makeup Alley's glowing reviews- so I thought I'd pass it on!

Until next time,
Tianne Marie

No comments: